News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello All

Started by NigelH, 15, May, 2011, 11:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NigelH

Hi

Stumbled across this club and thought I ought to join and take some positive action to elicit encouragement for the completion of my very long and over due project - a Quantum 2+2 (Q405). Some 12+ years in production - I've procrastinated for toooooooo long.
Brief spec is: 1950ccCHV with a custom box; close ratio 1-4, long-leg 5th on a Diesel final drive with LSD. Twin Weber 40's.
Plan is to register as 1999 manufacture on a personal T plate. Engine is a Faraday 2ltr, USA 1900cc block bored to 1950 - no engine number. I need to Stamp to justify year so can slip under the wire without a catalytic converter. Words of wisdom on how to achieve, gratefully received!
Status: Mechanically finished, Electrically 90% finished (completely re-wired), Interior 50% - Trimming not my forte & no Fiesta (donor) used on the inside! (Scratch built and Honda seats/Toyota switchgear).
Would like to finish this year, but I've been saying that for the last 11 !!!

Looking to update the details on my profile to include the above and my location - not able to see my way through the fog of technology!

Regards
Nigel

Denzle

Hi Nigel and a very warm welcome to the best club in the UK. You will find it most helpful in every way.

Denzle.... ;)

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club Nigel. 12 Years! blimmey should look fantastic after all that time getting it right.  :P

Hope you finish it soon.

Best of luck, see you at some meetings.

8)

peetee

'The Gaffer'

Hi there Nigel and a warm welcome to our club.

12 years!! That must be a record. Good luck with the build, nothing better than a kit car convoy in the sun to look forward to.

Have a look at your forum profile to add more info.

YellaBelly

Hi and welcome. You'll get loads of good/friendly advice on here :D

John

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Nigel ;D

Krazyken

All things Quantum are now owned by Eddie Ruskin of Dynamic Mouldings based in Iron Acton, if you need anything Quantum he is your man and conveniently on the doorstep.  Just google Dynamic Mouldings to get his details.

Westiebusa

dikkie

Hi there, look forward to seeing the finished thing! Any photos of the build?

NigelH

Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome. I thought you were all a bunch of unsociable beggars when I hadn't had any notifications that anyone had posted to my message.  :o
How wrong I was - I really need to get to grips with this profile thingy and get it emailling me when someone replies.

Yes I thought I was in for some leg-pulling about my speedy build  :-[ But I hope when it's finally on the road, I won't be the only one that's impressed.

Thanks to KrazyKen, I certainly wasn't aware of the new ownership (of Quantum) and it really is pretty local. I've already fired off a congratulatory email to Eddie and I look forward to meeting him and everyone else on 2/7/11.

Anyway if anyone knows the wrinkles of Ford CVH engine dating - I'd really like to know - Please drop me a line.

paintman

Hi Nigel.  Glad your getting the enthusiasm to finish the kit.....must be a bargain compared to todays kit prices!!

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: NigelH on 26, May, 2011, 05:34:42 PM
Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome. I thought you were all a bunch of unsociable beggars when I hadn't had any notifications that anyone had posted to my message.  :o

Nigel.

Just click the notify button under the last post in the thread and you will get an email saying when someone has responded ;)