News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

new(ish) member from by Wedmore

Started by davecymru, 26, August, 2013, 07:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davecymru

I've been actively lurking on here for a while now, and as I'm getting closer to the point where I'm about to start being out-n-about I thought I'd say hello properly.

I've previously built and run a 2L Sammio Spyder and I've currently got a Countach replica.

I bought the Countach (nearly) directly from the original builder, who had spent 10 years building it, got it SVA'd then as far as i can tell he then realised he'd made some fundamental mistakes, so put it in the garage and left it there for 10 years.

I bought it a year ago with just 27 miles on the clock and I've been beavering away to correct the little mistakes and improve it ever since.  My story so far is over on madabout, Ref: http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3957

I'm very, very nearly at the point where its running reliably and as soon as I can address the major paint flaws I'll be coming out and around.
I live by Wedmore but work in Chippenham so depending on the M5 traffic I tend to get all over the area, so it'll be good to say hello. 

Dave

Bulldog Bri

Hello and welcome to the club Dave, Hope your gonna be bringing your car along to some of our meeting as well. Car looks great to.

8)

Moleman

Welcome to the club. The car looks great. I'm glad to say we have been getting alot more different variety of cars joining us lately which is really good.  :)

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club Dave. You have worked hard on the car, looking forward to seeing it 8)

Hairy Santa

welcome to the club

don't worry about the paint, get out and enjoy the car, you have the winter to sort the car  :)

just my thoughts, there's always something to do on our cars   

YellaBelly

Hi Dave, and welcome to the club :D

Don't worry about the paint work, you ain't seen my scratch-built yet :o ;)

JB

garry h

Hi Dave from one newbie to another welcome car looks great. :) :)

davecymru

Well....  Please accept my apologies as i posted my welcome and then i disappeared, as the Countach managed to suck all of the passion and enthusiasm from me!

So i thought i'd re-introduce myself (Hello!) as the Countach has now gone and i've gone back to what i know i enjoy and i'm now building a Miglia Speedster! (http://migliasportscars.co.uk/)

I'm doing the build thread over on madabout-kitcars.com, but hopefully this time when it's on the road i'll actually be out and about and able to meet some of you lot rather than the Countach ownership cycle of Drive-repair-modify-drive-repair-modify-drive-repair...  you get the idea! :)

With a good tail wind i hope to be on the road for The Footman James Classic Vehicle Restoration Show at the start of Nov.
Hopefully sooner!!

Dave

Iancider

I had spotted you lurking in the shadows for some time Dave and its is good to hear you will be emerging soon.  We all look forward to meeting you and wish t=you all the best with the latest project.

regards
Ian

benchmark51

That's an interesting build, quite fancy it myself.
Have you got an engine in mind? I think a Triumph 2L or 2.5L would be nice.
Do you have any plan to mod the rear suspension at all?

davecymru

Cheers both.

I picked up a Vitesse 1600 just over a month ago, which had a new chassis in the 80's and then a new engine in the early 2000's.
Knowing my way around the small chassis Triumph after my Sammio, I've already stripped the donor and refurbished it from the gearbox backwards.

Front end refurb is under way atm.

I know of the problems with the rear suspension on these cars so i've opted for the same setup i finished with on the Sammio:
Swing Spring conversion,
Uprated anti-roll bar
1" lowering block
Gaz Adjustable shocks.

Here's how the back end is atm awaiting the kit to turn up, hopefully this week.

I've just got to try and get the front end done in time :)

mittaw

That's a fantastic looking car.  Good luck with the build. I'd like to see that finished

'The Gaffer'

Very nice classic looking car, interested in this build, keep the pics coming.

Oh and welcome back :)

Moleman

Fair play mate. Can't wait to see it develop.  :D