News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New car

Started by CC Cyclone, 06, February, 2014, 06:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC Cyclone

A quick Hello,
Just purchased the CC Cyclone that was for sale in the classifieds. Based in Bath, will get involved with The club. A bit of work to do before it hits the road but should be ready for spring.

Oh and it has 310bhp :)

James.

YellaBelly

Welcome to the club :D

With 310bhp it is more like a full on Hurricane! :o :o

Should be interesting to say the least :))

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club.

A nice interesting and actually quite practical kit there. Look forward to seeing it one day 8)

Daley Down Under

310bhp?  What's in that? 

Cheers Adrian

CC Cyclone

Hi All,
It is a bit rapid. It is running a C20LET 2 litre VX turbo with stage 3 mods. Rolling roaded at 270bhp at the wheels and 310bhp at the flywheel.  It needs some tidying and a few upgrades overt he coming months but would like to get involved with the club.

Will get lots of photos up when i get chance.

Moleman

I think that car was a friend of Foggy's? I'm sure it was on here not so long ago?   ??? I could be wrong?  :)

Welcome to the club CC Cyclone. Hope to see you at one of our many events?  8)

CC Cyclone

That's right, I met foggy when I went to view it.

I've got some work to do but yes, will get out where and when i can. Will definitely by at Stoneleigh and when the weather improves will be looking for a track day locally to give it a proper shake down.

fullpint

Welcome along mate. NOT SURE I WANT TO MEET YOU!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I was very tempted by that when it came up for sale. Its got wipers, heater and a roof you luck sod  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cant wait to see it.. Im sure I missed out on a real cracker of a car.

Moleman

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 06, February, 2014, 05:29:27 PM
That's right, I met foggy when I went to view it.

I've got some work to do but yes, will get out where and when i can. Will definitely by at Stoneleigh and when the weather improves will be looking for a track day locally to give it a proper shake down.

We have one in may. It may not be that local but I good easy track for a shake down.  :)

dave_bence

Hello and welcome James ;D

Great car 8)

garry h

Hi and welcome to theclub James looks like fun  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lucky Ed

Welcome to the madhouse ;D

Looks like you might have a bit of a beast on your hands :o

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club CC. That should nearly able to give Moleman a run for his money :o

8)

CC Cyclone

Hoping to get some time in the garage over the weekend to make a start and so will get some pictures up.
It is a great car and I'm hoping to use it extensively, especially with the lockable hardtop. Just a few tweaks and tidy ups but will post up details once I get started.

Moleman

I can't wait to see it.  :) You are welcome to put your name down for any of our events we have coming up.  8)

foggy

Hi it is a great car very fast the last owner did tell me it was actually putting out 350 hp but I had no way verifying it  nearly brought it my selth have fun

Hairy Santa

welcome to the club , you are gonna have some fun in that  ;D

CC Cyclone

A quick update, have so far done the following;
- full external clean, clay, polish and carnuba wax
- internal clean and leather treatment
- oil filter, oil change, new plugs, air filter service
- discovered two novelty exhaust mounts comprising of melted cable ties  :o I had a smell of hot rubber when pushing on which turned out to be the exhaust box touching the back tyre due to the knackered mounts, can only think it was a quick fix which never got replaced. Managed to track down the correct hangers and all back together.
- four new toyo's to replace the old yokos which are night and day in terms if grip although the yokos were eight years old from the stamp.
- new fuel lines
- re-wired fuel pump
- installed quick release battery terminals
- changed perished header tank hose.
- new flat blade wipers and arms.

Next on the to do list;
- custom projector headlights - I have started making the buck for the housing.
- cambelt & water pump change - I'm hopefully tackling this weekend
- brake fluid change

I'm pretty pleased with it, the ride is more impressive than the power, grip appears to be immense yet it soaks up the bumps too.
Car Craft have renamed themselves as AutoMirage and have been very helpful in answering queries about the car.

Daley Down Under

Great progress there

Cheers Adrian

Iancider

It looks the part and I guess when you use the right boot it goes PHWOAAAAARRRHHHHHH!

fullpint

Im still kicking my self  :(

Bulldog Bri

Look forward to seeing it at Stoneleigh :P

8)

CC Cyclone

It's a lot of fun.

Am doing the CKC track day, Stoneleigh and also the track developments day so it will be good to put faces to names.

Cheers.

CC Cyclone

Well I have always thought the car had a slight misfire which I noticed on the test drive. As ever with these things it has got progressively worse and so the list has increased somewhat:

- Another new set of plugs - this time Cosworth Turbo plugs regapped which all the VX tuners seem to swear by for the C20LET.
- New 10mm Plug leads
- Genuine Bosch Coil ( had to take the passenger seat out to change this!)
- Genuine Bosch Dizzy cap
- Genuine Bosch Rotor Arm
- GM Fuel filter

The change is phenomenal. I had been a bit dubious about the power output claims having driven it for a while - it was quick but not insanely quick as I expected. Changed the service bits to OE manufacturers stuff and it is amazing the difference non-genuine parts can make. After changing that lot the thing is now boosting properly and goes like the proverbial.

Next up the radiator is leaking, and as I tend to drive it into Europe in summer I think I will up rate it with something a bit thicker cored. Problem is it is a Austin Maestro Item and they don't tend to make performance upgrades off the shelf and the turbo version won't fit so will have to find someone to make a thicker cored version up. Any local recommendations?

Dibbler

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 03, April, 2014, 08:51:30 AM

Next up the radiator is leaking, and as I tend to drive it into Europe in summer I think I will up rate it with something a bit thicker cored. Problem is it is a Austin Maestro Item and they don't tend to make performance upgrades off the shelf and the turbo version won't fit so will have to find someone to make a thicker cored version up. Any local recommendations?

Allisport are the big guys in alloy rads, but they are not a budget outfit!

http://www.allisport.com/content/alloy-radiators

chris61

arrow radiators in avonmouth have made me custom radiators for work

Jonkoxe

Advanced auto cooling in Keynsham did a good job of upgrading the vauxhall viva rad in my Marlin. They are based in Avon valley farm industrial estate but also do mobile work.

'The Gaffer'

Nice update, looking forward to seeing the car 8)

CC Cyclone

So a rush hour blast along the M4 saw the car dropped off with Arden Automotive in Didcot for a cambelt and waterpump change and to try and get the heater working which doesn't seem to have a switch anywhere I can find in the car. I have been upside down in the footwells and cannot for the life of me work out how to turn it on!

I have also bought and fitted a spark plug cover which was missing from the engine when i bought it as i did notice some slight moisture around the cap of the plug leads when I changed them, which i am guessing may have contributed to the misfire. I am glad to report the car now goes like stink with the service items finished and completed its proper maiden voyage of nearly two hours without issue.

Roll on Stoneleigh :D

CC Cyclone

Oh and a six speed gearbox is on the agenda for next winter...

Moleman

You could always bring it down to Queens Square this sunday?  :D

CC Cyclone

Wish I could, still at Arden, changing the cambelt without pulling the engine out is a bit like brain surgery in the dark apparently.

Moleman

No worries, good luck with that.  ;)

CC Cyclone

Car is back. Still goes like stink :D

Actually it seems to go more like stink than before - i think a vacuum hose had been leaking slightly and with that fixed it appears to boost higher than previously and stays there. The back end squirrelling around on the M4 when pulling out to overtake caught me and the lorry driver by surprise, especially in the dry  :o

CC Cyclone

CC Cyclone

MOT passed for another year and can highly recommend FCM - very helpful.

Got some play in the  top bush of one of the rear AVOs which means I am up against it to get it stripped down and a new bush in before Llandow. Fingers crossed i can find some time over the weekend to try and get the damper off.

Pilgrim Anna

Hi James. Was glad to see you and your wife at Stoneleigh. Sorry for late reply! :)

Bulldog Bri

Apparently according to a plaque in one of the halls at Stoneleigh,  only 32 were made, in that weekend we saw 3 of them. Yours the one in the hall and a yellow one driving through the showground :o
Good to see them still out and being used :P

8)

Moleman

Glad it passed mate. You should get it done for Llandow mate.  :)