AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hi all! I'm totally useless so please take pity!

Started by G.I Ginge, 02, May, 2014, 07:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.I Ginge

Hi all,
I've been a member of the forum for a while now, but never quite got around to introducing myself and the car! I'm based in Keynsham and drive a GTS Panther. It's running a 1.8 ford blacktop with disc brakes all round. Lovely car. Don't go thinking I've skilfully put it all together, though. I paid Ed Ives of elitemotorsportengineering for it back in November and am now trying to learn all I can by improving, maintaining and servicing the car myself. I will, WITHOUT DOUBT have some totally newbie questions, so please be patient with me!
I've already taken the car to Llandow circuit, where it was great. I've got Cadwell Park coming up at the end of May too. Anyone else going up?

paintman

No prob. G I.Ginge we've all been there.....welcome to the club, hope to see you at some of the meets. ;D

Tony

Sumov8

Welcome GI.Ginge  fancy a run up to Stoneleigh on Sunday?

Moleman

Hi, Welcome to the club. Our Thursday meet which has just passed is 5 minutes from you.
Feel free to stick some pictures of your car on here.  ;D
Some of us are at Llandow we C.K.C.M. on the 17th May if you want to go there again.
There is of course Stoneleigh this weekend which is the biggest Kit Car show in the U.K.
Feel free to put your name down to any of our up & coming events you can see on the front right of the forum page. We will also be doing some more track days during the year if you are interested?
:D

YellaBelly

Hello and welcome to the best club in the land! :D

JB

Lucky Ed

Hi and welcome to the club. Shame you missed the meet last night, mind you, you'd have to have
given Hairy Santa a good listening to :o ;D

dave_bence

Bulldog Bri

No pity needed ::) You've made it and introduced yourself :D but now, we will want to see this car at some meeting. ;)

Welcome to the club. :P

8)

'The Gaffer'

fletch_306

fullpint

Welcome along to the club mate. Hope to see you at a meet or two..

garry h

Hi welcome to the club car sounds nice lets see some pics  :)

Iancider

Pilgrim Anna

Hi G.I. Ginge,
                      Don't feel worried. I don't know hardly anything about the kit car world. So Im in the same boat as you. I just love the look of them but don't have a clue about building!!!!! ;)
Shame you missed Stoneleigh. Its the biggest kit car show in the world. Hope to see you at some of the events.
;D

G.I Ginge

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!
I shall certainly get some pictures of the car up soon. It's always nice to show off your pride and joy!
I am aiming to do at least four track days a year at the moment, as my teacher's salary doesn't allow too many more than that, given wear and tear, etc. However, I will try to make sure that the next one I attend does have a few BKCC members along- it would be great to see a few more owners so I can start asking hilariously basic questions!

Having said I'm totally useless, that may not be entirely the case. I've changed all the discs and pads on my last car, replaced the tie rod end ball joint boots on my current car and have just finished re-securing the driver's seat to the bodywork and re-soldering some damaged wiring that fell off its mounting onto the drive shaft(!) so perhaps it would be more accurate to say that I have a RUDIMENTARY understanding of what I'm doing. :)

Looking forward to meeting everybody at a meet!

Moleman

If it's ready then some of us are at Llandow this Saturday which is a good circuit to start with. It is book through complete Kit car magazine so it will just be kit cars on the circuit.  :)

Pilgrim Anna

Well your an expert then Lol  :P You already a lot more capable than me. But that's not hard hehehe. I don't attend track days as my car isn't for racing, but hope you get round to coming along to some of our day trips out.  :)