News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hi - new Westfield Member

Started by CrisisWolf, 29, June, 2014, 12:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrisisWolf

Hi, a friend on Westfield Sports Car Club (WSCC) told me about this site so here I am.

I own a Westfield SEiW in Yellow which I've owned since March/April time this year. Its fairly standard with a 1800 Zetec. I've had a brief introduction to track days and went to the Castle Combe Retro & Classic Action Day yesterday. Otherwise I've just been out using it on the sunny days around Bristol. Only other kit car I've seen around Bristol is an Atom, saw it last week by Hick Gate and we exchanged a wave before parting ways.

Moditus has begun but not being very experienced hands on it making it interesting so expect numpty questions. As a side hobby I do a bit of motorsport photography and the highlights of my outings are at http://www.crisiswolf.com

Hope to see some of you around.

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club ;D

Looks a tidy Westie, surprised I've not seen you out on the Ring road yet, as I'm on there a fair bit, better open my eyes while driving then :P

8)

CrisisWolf

Will keep an eye out as well - after some local contacts to go out for some drives with whilst the weather is still good. I haven't worked out many good routes yet.

dave_bence

Hairy Santa

Welcome to the nuthouse, if your mad you should fit in rather nicely

that's a good looking car, hope we meet up soon   

Moleman

Hi & welcome to the Club.
Feel free to look at our coming up events & put your name down to anything that takes your fancy.  8)

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club 8)

Iancider

Hi Chris - welcome - nice car!

You have an early opputunity to meet-up.  We meet regulary on the first Thursday of each month at The Riverside Inn Saltford Marina.  There is usually at least five of us and last time twelve I think.  Postcode BS31 3EZ from about 19:00.  If you think you are going to the wrong place you are prbably right  - it is right in the canal and under the railway. 

We also meet regulalry at Queens Square on the Second Sunday of the month roughly opposite to Grove Avenue - if you do come - try to get there for 08:30 to 9:00 or you wont get a parking space - it is ver popular now.

Hope you enjoy the club!
Ian

paintman

Welcome to the club and forum Chris, nice to have another "7" aboard. ;)

Tony

Sprint 7

CrisisWolf

Thanks for the warm welcome, think I am going to try and head to your Sunday breakfast meet up next weekend.

Quote from: Iancider on 29, June, 2014, 09:39:57 PM
We meet regulary on the first Thursday of each month at The Riverside Inn Saltford Marina.  There is usually at least five of us and last time twelve I think.  Postcode BS31 3EZ from about 19:00.  If you think you are going to the wrong place you are prbably right  - it is right in the canal and under the railway. 

I know the Riverside Inn, go through Saltford (from Keynsham) down the hill where the speed camera is and sharp left into the pub. Nice place, not been for many years. One time I'll return.

Also - I like to be confusing - despite the alias and its common misconception my name is Rich and not Chris (and I should have realised this many years ago when through a long drawn out story I ended up with the CrisisWolf alias. Oh well!) I'll answer to any name (within reason)

CrisisWolf

Whilst I am here - anyone skilled, willing, able to help me out with fitting some new cycle wings? Drilling of carbon fibre required...

Iancider

Hi Rich,

My apology - I had a reading crisis.  Wing-fitting is some good pub talk.  See you there.
Ian

CrisisWolf

Quote from: Iancider on 02, July, 2014, 08:20:51 PM
Hi Rich,

My apology - I had a reading crisis.  Wing-fitting is some good pub talk.  See you there.
Ian

Haha - standard issue I have to deal with. Pub breakfast talk I think you'll find! I know pub food/drink is a common currency for favours.

garry h

CrisisWolf

:o

I think I might need a new car sticker - CrisisWolf (Not Chris, but Rich) - but I think it may just amplify the issue.

Moleman

If it's real carbon fibre your may find that you might need tungsten carbide tipped drills for this. I will check in work for you. Also wear a mask & have someone hold a vacuum cleaner next to it as you don't want to be breathing that stuff in. (the vacuum won't have the right filter on it but it is better than nothing)

I would help you mate but at the moment it's all I can do just to have a day off on the weekend at the moment.  ::) :)

hope this helps Chris/Rich.  :P

CrisisWolf

Quote from: Moleman on 02, July, 2014, 09:10:36 PM
If it's real carbon fibre your may find that you might need tungsten carbide tipped drills for this. I will check in work for you. Also wear a mask & have someone hold a vacuum cleaner next to it as you don't want to be breathing that stuff in. (the vacuum won't have the right filter on it but it is better than nothing)

I would help you mate but at the moment it's all I can do just to have a day off on the weekend at the moment.  ::) :)

hope this helps Chris/Rich.  :P

Sounds in line with the advice I've been given. I thought HSS would be okay? I think its only M5 sized holes required, I've got an MOT due in August so I might get the garage (who actually supplied the carbon) to fit them if I haven't got round to it by then.

Living for the weekend indeed, where does the time go.

Moleman

I will see if I can get a drill bit for you. I'm sure HSS will blunt too quickly & delaminate the edges of the holes.

When you bolt them up after the holes are done you want to put a lot of silicone sealant between the bracket & wing then only nip the bolts up so the sealant drys hard in between the bracket & wing, Then tighten then up a little bit the next day. It will give the wings a better contact area without putting any stress on the wings as most westfield brackets are flat & their wings are curved. 

CrisisWolf

Followed by plenty of rubber based under sealant I'm told to reduce stone impacts and the chance of starring.

I need to borrow an angle grinder (I have two friends with them) as the existing bolts have been in place for 10-15 years and won't budge for toffee.

CrisisWolf

Hey all.

Don't think I'll be popping along on Sunday for the meet as I've been given free Fairford tickets for the day. I've spent this morning measuring, gluing and tweaking the car. A few more things to do but hopefully done by August!