AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Member with Marina based Bulldog and a few headaches.

Started by keith1798, 15, July, 2014, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith1798

Hi I am Keith.

I have bought a 1991 Marina based Bulldog which is bit of a dog, but hopefully my son (whom I share it with) and I will have some fun doing it up. It needs the engine rebuilding and the gearbox replacing. Reading some of the posts am very impressed with the time and effort members put into their cars. When the car is mobile my son Joe and I hope to come to a meeting or two. I now have a request for information. I understand that some triumph gearboxes will replace the  old marina box which was I understand a Triumph unit. (The engine is a B series and the donor car was 1972)  If anyone has the knowledge as to which gearboxes will go, particularly overdrive units a reply would be much appreciated. Being the same length isn't a big issue shortening or lengthening the prop isn't a big issue.

Many Thanks and greeting to all.

Keith

Best regards to we

YellaBelly

Hi Keith and welcome to the club.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of info on here as there is normally someone who has either got the answer or knows a man who has :D

Oh, and BTW, pictures of progress are mandatory on here! ;) :D

JB

Moleman

Hi Keith & welcome mate. You are also welcome to come along to any of our meets while the Bulldog is being done up. We have 2 active Bulldogs in our club which are used as every day cars & I'm sure Bri & Anna will be pleased to have another one on board.  8)

Sorry I can't help with your problem but I'm sure you will get an answer soon enough.  :)

Iancider

Keith

Welcome to the club - you will find plenty of help and support here.  I am sure somebody will pitch-in with some useful advice.

Good luck
Ian

Bulldog Bri

Yay another Bulldog in the club. :P Great to have you on board.
As said pics are mandatory here  ;D.
The Marina and Triumph gearbox were the same unit and the 4 speed easy to source.  The overdrive most use is the J type overdrive box from the 1850 Dolomite and getting harder to find, though do pop up from time to time on Ebay. Not cheap though. I do have a spare 4 speed from when I did my upgrade.
Your welcome to drop.by and check our cars over. Just give me a PM and we can arrange something.

8)

'The Gaffer'

garry h

Hi keith and welcome to the club your certainly get all the help and answers from here im sure  :)

dave_bence

keith1798

Many thanks for the welcome and also reply to my qestion about  bulldog gearboxes from bulldog bri. I am currently very busy with one of my sons moving house and then some vacation . I hope I will then be able to come to a meeting and also take up the offer of meeting your active bulldog members. I take note that photos are mandatory . Promise you'll have one on the next post. I'm better with engines than I am with computers.

Keith