News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newbie from Gloucester

Started by damouk, 09, August, 2014, 01:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damouk

I'm another newbie on BKCC, and thought I should come by and introduce myself, I am a fortunate owner of a SDR V-storm, I feel I did cheat a little as I didn't build it myself, however have fixed the majority of teething problems with the car, so have been able to enjoy the summer with it.

There are still quite a few things I would like to do to the car to get it how I want it , but the majority of them will be done over the winter now. I have a few engine upgrades ready to go on but always seem to end up going out in the car rather than fitting them!

Hairy Santa

Welcome to the madhouse

Queens Square tomorrow morning would be good for you to meet a few of the nutters, get there early for a decent space to park

Pilgrim Anna

A warm welcome to you! Fair play for doing bits on the car yourself even though you didn't build it! Hope to see you at some of our days out. :)

damouk

I am defiantly be up for club days out and tomorrow's meet weather permitting of course, what time do you call early?

Sumov8

Welcome to the best Kit Car Club in the South West, if you want to join us on a run a few are heading your way up to the Prescott Hill climb, going up the A38 so we could meet you on the way.

Look for the Prescott Revival link ;)

fullpint

Welcome along mate.. As for cheating!!!!! I think you are not alone  ;D Most buy them complete and then proceed with a few mods.. Look forward to seeing you one day.. :P

Moleman

Welcome to the club mate. I haven't seen a storm up in the flesh yet so I can't wait to see it. What engine does it have?
I'm also wondering if you could get away with 2 passengers on a track day with that.  8)

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club. Yeah I'm not going to be scratch building again ??? to much hassle at the last hurdle.. Once the Locost is done it's rebuilding only for me ;D

8)

garry h

Hi and welcome to the club some pics would be good  :)

Iancider

Welcome Damouk,

Lovely car.  And it has the great advantage that you can give three people a thrill - or alternatively get them wet!  Looking forward to seeing the car soon  8)

Ian

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club. Nice interesting car 8)

damouk

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Well the weather is pretty disappointing, so the v-storm will stay tucked up in the garage today  >:(

My V-storm is the Impreza version, so has a 2 litre flat 4 engine and box from a UK WRX fitted so should be running just over 200 horses at the moment.

damouk

Lucky Ed

Great looking car 8)

Probably wise to to stick to dry roads - looks like it might be a bit lively in the wet :o

YellaBelly

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 09, August, 2014, 07:38:53 PM
Welcome to the club. Yeah I'm not going to be scratch building again ??? to much hassle at the last hurdle.. Once the Locost is done it's rebuilding only for me ;D

8)

Welcome to the club chap, and as for me, I'm with Brian, took me 7 years to build my old Locost and 2 goes at the IVA, never again! :D

stevel

Welcome to the best club in the UK.  I am in Gloucester too but do not have anything as exotic as you in the car department.  Hope to meet up sometime I am over in Abbeymead and we have IanL over in Stonehouse with his Aries Locoblade so BKCC has a northern chapter!!

damouk

Ahh good good, I am quite often out and about, and am always over in Stonehouse, looks like we may well have a convoy crew for meets..!

Moleman

That does look sweet. Cool colour as well.  8)

Pilgrim Anna

Looks great fun and very fast!!!! :D

robp

Quote from: damouk on 10, August, 2014, 09:29:15 AM

Good to meet you yesterday.  The V Storm looked great and I was impressed with the LED DRLs you have fitted to the front (which were much brighter than in the photo).

damouk

Hi Rob, it was nice to chat and swap ideas, The rfid and button start sounds like something I need to have on the storm :). Thanks for the complements on the car and LED's, I can't wait to get the rear ones sorted and on, then those pesky Asda travel cups and awful brackets will be gone!!

I did take a couple of pics of the headlights to show those interested when I got back but they didn't really show up either :/.