+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Longtimecoming not an Innuendo

Started by longtimecoming, 12, September, 2014, 03:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimecoming

Hi, to all you fellow Kitty's out there.
Not sure how to go about introducing myself, but here goes. Like many car lovers I started my kit building exercise a long time ago (hence the name at the top). But again like many that fall by the wayside, it has taken many many years to get to where I am.
So where am I?  I am building a F 27 from plans. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this make. It started life with a 2 ltr Pinto engine, but soon progressed to a 3 ltr Essex V6 with a 5 speed type 9 ford gearbox and a Atlas axle, again from the 3 ltr Capri.
There have been many times I have taken 3 steps forward only to take 2 back.
Things like work/redundancy, illness, weather and much more have all played their part. Because I am building the car outside the weather does play a major part in the build, I do have a garage, but no big enough to do build and store.
I would be very interested to talk to any others who have been there and done it. I live in Portishead and would be looking forward to coming along to one of the meets.
Oh by the way I actually started the car nearly 10 yrs ago.
:-[

benchmark51

Hello and welcome to you,
Some of us will be at an event that runs on sat 13th and sun 14th, although we have a club stand on the sunday only. It is at Easter Compton, near the M5 junction for the Mall. Just up the road from you, so pop up and say hello.

http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=3087.0

Robert

Hello and welcome to you, i'm just down the road from you /Clevedon

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club :). Hope you finish your car soon.

Bulldog Bri

Hellooo and welcome ;D

Another builder, yay :P

8)

Moleman

Hi & welcome to the club. Feel free to come along to any of our event's & meetings even if your's is not on the road yet. At least you can get more idea's on your build while your looking at ours.  8)

Lucky Ed

Hi and welcome. I admire you builder guys - keep up the good work.

Iancider

Welcome Longtimecoming,

Well done for you enterprise and keeping going - there have been many that didn't make it to the end.  You will get loads of support in BKCC.  Please post some pics -well would all be keen to see them.  We will be showing at Easter Compton mainly on Sunday so why not drop in and say hello while we are in a group.

regards
Ian

garry h

Hi and welcome to the club look forward to seeing some pics  :)

Sprint 7

Longtimecoming is surely a track by the Doobey Brothers or something like it anyway!!
Welcome buddy, doesn't matter how long you take, albeit frustrating, as you get the itch to get on the road but at least you're getting there with light at the end of the tunnel I hope. ;) ;) ;)