News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

new lad on the loose!

Started by dazst170, 16, September, 2014, 07:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazst170

Not sure if i will fit in on here yet as im more of a enthusiast,iv always been intrigued in kit cars and have fallen in love with the mk indy,hoping to save up next year and buy myself one,was wondering how reliable and long can a bike engined kit car last if maintained properly? Never going to get a seat in f1 so the closest Il get is a bike engined kit car  ;D,im working with fiberglass as well so obviously i have a few ideas that maybe abit to enthusiastic for a build but achievable.Hopefully will be all aboard next year and meeting the members at the meets.

Bulldog Bri

Big welcome to the club.

We have a few bike engine cars in the club and they would be better informed than myself about the engines and how to look after them. The MK Indi is well proven car so no problems there.

8)

garry h

Hi and welcome to the club even without a car you will  get lots of encouragement and support from all members,good luck with your savings for next year  :)

Moleman

Hi mate & welcome. You can always pop along to our meets while you are saving so you can get a better look at some while you save.  :D

dazst170

Id be more than happy to goto one of the meets,cant wait to own a kit car and get out on the runs as well,once i get my kit i think a ARDS test will be on the cards so i can use it to its full potential.

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club. I think you will be surprised at how durable a BEC (Bike Engined Car) can be if serviced well. A clutch upgrade is a must, something like a Barnett. The only downside for track work, sadly where they excel, is noise. Bec's are notoriously hard to pass sound level tests but not impossible.

dazst170

Do you need the national b licence to enter uphill sprints? Because that looks like a lot of fun,a neighbour of mine had a bec and ot drove me insane because it was always out in the rain and poorly maintained,how much would a uprated clutch like that cost,the only other thing that's on my mind is where would i get a bec MOT'd? Thankyou for all your advise.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: dazst170 on 16, September, 2014, 10:23:09 PM
Do you need the national b licence to enter uphill sprints? Because that looks like a lot of fun,a neighbour of mine had a bec and ot drove me insane because it was always out in the rain and poorly maintained,how much would a uprated clutch like that cost,the only other thing that's on my mind is where would i get a bec MOT'd? Thankyou for all your advise.

About £150 plus fitting unless you do it yourself. Dont know about licences sorry. Any MOT station should be able to do it, but when I had mine I took it to FCM http://www.fcmmotorsport.co.uk/ we get aclub discount there too :)

dazst170

Thankyou for the info,i really appreciate all the info i can gather.

Iancider

dazst170

Welcome on-board - this is a fun place to be!

Ian

dazst170

Thankyou and that's a nice car there Ian.

Lucky Ed

Hi and welcome to the club. They're a good bunch on here and always willing to help out 8)

fullpint

Welcome along mate, this is a fellow member having a BEC,, which is a tad loud and Ive given up on the thought of doing a track day. Your more than welcome to look over mine  ;D

Iainl

Welcome to the club from another BEC owner.

They are noisy but I did manage to get mine below 100dba but it didn't last long only managed 1 track day until it went over the limit of Castle Combe  :'(

Apart from the clutch it's also worth changing the sump, as the lowest part of my car was the sump plug which isn't the best thing to hit on those speed ramps, my new sump came with a baffle plate to also stop those oil surges.

Well worth looking at http://www.abperformance.co.uk The owner Andy Bates always has the answer for any BEC question and has help me out a few times when I've had issues with my Fireblade engine

dazst170

Thankyou all for the information,its good to know that any hints and tips in just a click away,as for maintenance how easy are they to look after?