+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newbie just saying hello

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 13, October, 2014, 10:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Hi all. I just wanted to say it was a real pleasure meeting Moleman and a few of the other guys at the Summer Classic show at Easter Compton recently, my son and me had a great day even though we could only stay and hour or two. For a 15 year old he already has great taste and wants his 1st car to be a 1980s Merc SL convertible! (mine was a white D reg Ford Corsair 1700 V4 which I blew up on the M5 if memory serves!)

I have this year bought myself a Tiger Cat with 2 litre pinto engine, 1st fast car I've owned since my Lotus Elan +2S 130 which I got when I was 21 way back in the early 80s. The Tiger is nippy but not crazy, it is a very nicely put together motor though and a credit to the guy who made it what it is (Peter Chapman). Super easy to drive and a nice entry/mid level car I feel with 158bhp and a good amount of torque. Very loud though, especially as the exhaust is less than 2 feet from my right ear (what's that you say mate, you'll have to shout I'm partially deaf!)

I have another kit car since this the Tiger, though more about that beast another day (turbo cossie engine, 670kg, 330 bhp 'nuf said!) Still working on various things that need fixing/changing/improving and learning how to actually keep it on the black stuff!

I hope to get more involved with the club as soon as time permits, I do like to muck in and could do with all the advice I can get as it's been 30 years since I built and stripped cars and a LOT has changed! (errr... everything just about!)

I missed out on the breakfast club meet on Sunday, a mate of mine was there and told me the turn out was great. Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Cheers all, Facial Hair Optional  :P (could do with a little beardy smiley?!!)

Facial Hair Optional

PS, there is supposed to be a little wavey ten quid note next to my name but it's not there, boo hoo. Seriously, I am not a tight wad, really!  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 13, October, 2014, 10:51:09 PM
PS, there is supposed to be a little wavey ten quid note next to my name but it's not there, boo hoo. Seriously, I am not a tight wad, really!  ;D

My apologies for that. I can also put up an avatar for you if you want to put an image up :) Please drop Dave Bence a PM for your supporter card http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=27

Thanks again for your donation, very kind of you.

Moleman

Nice to hear from you again mate. I can't wait to see the other one as well now.  8)