News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hi all

Started by tigercub84, 25, October, 2014, 07:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercub84

I live in Swindon and have just brought a tiger cub kit car.
could anybody suggest a place to get a new exhaust made up as my exhaust is way to loud thanks
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b567/chrisce_84/DSCF8149_zpsf059afaf.jpg?1414261316959&1414261317520

benchmark51

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club :) Hope you have fun in your new car.

You could also try Longlife http://www.longlife.co.uk/depots/exhausts-bristol/

Lucky Ed

Hi and welcome - there's nothing like a Zetec ;D

You could try looking at paulgooderham.co.uk.  He's turning out some good replacement cans that might suit you.

paintman

Welcome to the Club "Tiger" and the forum.

How loud is the exhaust, have you got a decibel read out on it?

They're never quiet, that's part of the driving experience.

As long as it's not over 97db I wouldn't worry to much.....mines 96db and on the drivers side, nothing wrong with that.

It only becomes an issue if you use it for Track Days and the db reading is too high for the circuit of choice.

Tony

garry h

Hi and welcome to the club.As you can see its a fantastic place for help and advice  :)

Bulldog Bri

Hiya and welcome to the best club and forum on the net. Well that my totally unbiased opinion anyway ;D

8)

YellaBelly

Hello and welcome to THE club ;)

All decent company on here and some top knowledge, if we ain't got the answer, we will almost certainly know someone who has :D

JB

Iancider

Welcome TigerCub84

Nice looking car.

If your exhaust has a removable end-cap (most don't) then it is repackable and you can buy new wadding to lower the volume. 

If not, then I could perhaps offer you two possible second-hand units.  One is likely from a Tiger but with a long single pipe in so that could be cut down to suit your manifold.  The other needs a simple repair because the end cheek weld broke and it needs a new cone welded on.  Any workshop that does TIG welding on 316 stainless could do that.  If you are interested I could post some pics or you could come and take a look.

Regards
Ian