News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hi guys old member new username

Started by welshy1, 02, January, 2016, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshy1

If you don't guess by my username im from wales and own a mev exocet kit my old username used to be quantumowner but thought I set up a new one as I no longer own the quantum so reverting back to my title used on several forums.

If you haven't seen me/my post from my quantum kit car or my exocet build this is a pic of my exocet from a track day last year

Since my last post 2015 has been the first year the exocet has seen a full year of track use with 2 day at llandow my local track 2 at pembrey 1 at castle combe 1 at rockingham and one sprint day at blyton park where I finished 5th overall out of 50 cars the 4 cars in front have x3 the power as me.

So winter mods are a td04 turbo/g19 manifold/downpipe/oil lines/intercooler pipes/rx8 yellow top injectors me221 ecu/oil cooler/intercooler/walbro fuel pump and to finish it off willwood 4 pot calipers larger discs and racing pads. Going up to g19 next weekend to finish the set up and get it dynode aim is 225-250bhp.

Moleman

Hi & welcome back. I remember your quantum well & your build of the mev exocet. We have met & hopefully we will again very soon.  :)

welshy1

Quote from: Moleman on 02, January, 2016, 10:29:32 PM
Hi & welcome back. I remember your quantum well & your build of the mev exocet. We have met & hopefully we will again very soon.  :)

Was at the western show if I remember correctly long time ago now.

Gary RH7

I like the look of the exocet. Cool car. Hope to get a better look of it soon.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: welshy1 on 02, January, 2016, 09:23:23 PM
So winter mods are a td04 turbo/g19 manifold/downpipe/oil lines/intercooler pipes/rx8 yellow top injectors me221 ecu/oil cooler/intercooler/walbro fuel pump and to finish it off willwood 4 pot calipers larger discs and racing pads. Going up to g19 next weekend to finish the set up and get it dynode aim is 225-250bhp.

What engine is all this being done to??

sanzomat

Welcome back - looks great in black/gold. I bet it'll fly with those mods. looking forward to seeing it. Aren't they MX5 based?

'The Gaffer'

welshy1

The engine/donor is a mazda mx5 mk1 1.8 engine, the engine it suited to turbo charging as the base of it is from the old 323f turbo rally car.

damouk

Out of interest what ecu are you running the turbo with? The td04 is a lovely little turbo and work well on the mx5 engine

welshy1

Quote from: damouk on 03, January, 2016, 06:45:29 PM
Out of interest what ecu are you running the turbo with? The td04 is a lovely little turbo and work well on the mx5 engine

Have got the me221 ecu all ready to go on to it bought it on a group deal on the mx5 nutz forum for a good deal.

Moleman

Quote from: welshy1 on 02, January, 2016, 10:56:17 PM
Quote from: Moleman on 02, January, 2016, 10:29:32 PM

Was at the western show if I remember correctly long time ago now.

Yes it was.  :)

Iancider

Welshy 1 welcome back.

I am intrigued but what you have done there and we mght like to use you as a Go! Inspire track-car consultant.  We want to go turbo in the MX5 engines.

Regards
Ian

welshy1

Quote from: Iancider on 04, January, 2016, 10:56:46 PM
Welshy 1 welcome back.

I am intrigued but what you have done there and we mght like to use you as a Go! Inspire track-car consultant.  We want to go turbo in the MX5 engines.

Regards
Ian

It all depends on power level the standard engine can put up with around 250bhp without to much trouble and at 270bhp your at the reliable limit of not bending rods etc. Im far from a mx5 expert all though I do have 3-4 years experience of owning/fixing/working on mx5. For mine ive done the follow mods

G19 turbo manifold
TD04 turbo from a impreza
ME221 ecu
walbro fuel pump
oil cooler
intercooler
oil sandwich plate
oil lines to turbo on the 1.6 and early 1.8 engine can be taken from a feed on the exhaust side of the engine
G19 exhaust downpipe
Intercooler pipe work from g19
Boost controller
rx8 440cc injectors
Sump removed and drilled to fit a return pipe for the oil on the turbo
Timing belt/water pump/cam seals/crank seals etc
parts taken over from last year engine wise is a light weigh flywheel and 6 puck paddle clutch

That will get me around 225-250bhp the controller will allow me to set different boost settings to lower or raise the bhp.

The rest of the car got the follow mods

6 speed gearbox from the mk2 mx5 and torsen 3.9 diff

willwood 4 pot calipers large discs and racing pads the rears are using the big brake set up from the mk2.5 and racing brake fluid
suspension wise gaz 30 way damping coilovers and height too, polybushed all round, adjustable arb link and Jackson racing anti roll bars.

Fiberglass bucket seats/ 6 point harness Light weight wheels with federal rsr tyres.