News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Intro From eaa53

Started by eaa53, 13, December, 2009, 12:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaa53

Hi

I am an engineer by trade, based close to Bridgwater in Somerset on my second kit build. Believe I can make anything mechanical work with time and have spent a lot of time making something's work that were not worth the effort, but its all in the achieving.

I have been interested in car mechanics all my live but only as greying hair (and beard), and the increasing inability to stand too much cold have driven me to complete what I always wanted to do, before it's too late.

My first build was a Robin Hood EXMO. This car is regularly used from April to October including a number of local track days. The original build was based on a Serria, with a 2lt Pinto.
Head overhaul over the winter and a hot cam should make next years track days a little livelier.

The second, current build is a Marlin 5Exi, Rover K Series, VVC donor, the car is currently with TrackDevelopments for suspension set up and other bits.
Mechanically together just needs the difficult, last 20% to take it home.

The intention is to allow the 5Exi to take over from the Hood post IVA, I already have the registration booked GR10 ONE, just need to finish the car!
There's the incentive...

What I want to do next as a project is rebuild an Exige from a salvage wreck for my track day car and hence take over from the 5Exi, but that is a few workshop hours away from starting, one job at a time....

I look forward to reading up the technical historical aspects of the forum and adding to the threads in time.

There is an alternative forum running 5Exi technical threads that I contribute regularly too, but I wanted to get a little closer to local kit builders in Bristol/Somerset.

John

'The Gaffer'

A Warm welcome to you John and please make your self at home here.

It certainly sounds like you enjoy a challenge :) Hope you find time to join us on a run out our two when things start to liven up again after the winter.

Look forward to your updates.

Cheers.

Phil.

Bulldog Bri

Hiya John and welcome to the club.

8)

dave_bence

YellaBelly

Hi John, and welcome.

John (JB)

paintman

Hi John. All engineers very welcome. ;D

Richard

Warm welcome  :D

great introduction, hope to you in the new year.

Speedy J