News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello from Brian

Started by bjw970s, 13, December, 2009, 10:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjw970s

Hi,

Just moved to the area (Box) and thought I would join the local club. 

I have a STM LOCOBLADE race car which is ex 750MC and currently a wee bit bent after an accident in october racing at silverstone  :( and a MIDAS MkII which I have decided to turn into a competition car as a project :)

So lots to do over the winter!!

Brian

'The Gaffer'

A very warm welcome to the club Brian, glad you found us.

Things are a little quiet here over the winter but we look forward to meeting you and your car/s as soon as the sun shines.

Please feel free to post some pics, and sorry to hear you bent one of your cars :( hope its repairable.

Cheers.

Phil.

Bulldog Bri

Hi Bri. welcome to the club.

Hope the damage to your car isn't to bad, Is the Locoblade road legal as well?

8)

dave_bence

bjw970s

Thanks for the welcome,

The MIDAS will be kept road legal despite the mods (lowered floor, rollcage, flat floored etc).

The LOCOBLADE is pure race.  (Having raced it for 2 seasons, I would prefer a car engine for the road).  It is off to PROCOMP (superb company) in the new year to have the chassis checked and assess the extent of the damage.  I spun off in torrential rain coming out of abbey towards bridge and found the only stretch with a very short run off and a concrete wall  :-[

It will be repairable, its just a matter of how much of the chassis needs replaced. As a min it's new front right suspension, new suspension mounts, new nose cone possibly new shock (Sob my new protech's) and a new ally radiator (double sob - my radtech radiator).

The engine appears to be okay, but any recommandations for a Honda engine builder in the area to re-build my spaare blade engine would be welcome.

Brian

YellaBelly

Hi Brian, and welcome. Certainly looks like you'll be burning the midnight oil over the winter.

JB

lightauto

Hello and welcome Brian.
Does your Midas originate from Sutton Bonington, a long term home of Midas production, or is it a recent product?
Dave.

bjw970s

Quote from: lightauto on 14, December, 2009, 02:14:02 PM
Hello and welcome Brian.
Does your Midas originate from Sutton Bonington, a long term home of Midas production, or is it a recent product?
Dave.

Hi Dave, its one of the Mini based ones so its an early one; Alternative Cars who own the marque now are helping me with the project

Brian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bjw970s on 14, December, 2009, 08:58:18 AM
It will be repairable, its just a matter of how much of the chassis needs replaced. As a min it's new front right suspension, new suspension mounts, new nose cone possibly new shock (Sob my new protech's) and a new ally radiator (double sob - my radtech radiator).

The engine appears to be okay, but any recommandations for a Honda engine builder in the area to re-build my spaare blade engine would be welcome.

Could be worse, still sounds like a fair bit of work.

The only blade expert I know is Andy Bates from AB performance. You would have to box the engine up though and send if off. I have spoken to him many times, he really does know his stuff.

paintman

Welcome Brian.

Expensive Xmas by the sound of it!  At least you weren't injured, thats the main thing.
See you when the sun shines. 8)

bjw970s

Quote from: paintman on 14, December, 2009, 10:45:47 PM
Welcome Brian.

Expensive Xmas by the sound of it!  At least you weren't injured, thats the main thing.
See you when the sun shines. 8)

cheers! i will post progress via other threads  :)

Richard

Warm welcome  ;D

Have a fun time in the garage !

Speedy J