Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

new member davea

Started by DaveA, 21, September, 2010, 07:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveA

Hi folks
just joined as i have just bought a half finished kit car. Described as a dax, the chassis is in fact an ace.Whatever that is.i am an engineer by trade so i have a good chance of finishing it.Ido realise i will need a lot of advice,hopefully some one can help with the first problem. the engine is a range rover efi 3.5 but i am having trouble finding what small gearbox will fit, there is not a lot of room,if any one can help i can get started.
      Thanks davea. 

stupott901

hello and welcome loads of helpfull people on here got some great advice whilst building

stu

Bulldog Bri

Hiya and welcome to the club.

Yep, we've got a few Cobra boys here, Dixie & Tsearle still have theirs and Hairy Santa has had lots of them. I'm sure they would be able to help if needed...  ;)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club.

Good luck with the build and please feel free to post some progress pics :)

Where are you from Dave?

dave_bence

Hello and welcome ;D

I'm sure one of the Cobra replica manufacturers (I think it's Magnum Engineering) can supply a bell housing to mate the Rover V8 to a Ford Type 9 gearbox.

The Type 9 can only just handle a standard V8's torque, but it's a lot smaller than the Rover gearboxes.

David H

DaveA

Hi
thanks for the help guys, i actually wanted a cobra but ended up with this to finish.Magnum eng. sounds like a good start. will post inital photos soon.by the way ilive outside newport but dont hold it against me.
davea