AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe single seater experience - with discount!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 15, October, 2015, 11:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Just had an email about this...
http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/experiences/experiences.asp?ExpID=2&BookingEvent=Single%20Seater%20Driving%20Experience

Could be fun for someone and they are offering a £35 discount, just enter promo code: sseater150 and they knock £35 off! Nice.

sanzomat

So, hang on, you are there for 3.5 hours and you only get to drive 10 laps, and some of those are in a Fiesta??

Am I missing something?

benchmark51

Quote from: sanzomat on 16, October, 2015, 01:36:09 PM
So, hang on, you are there for 3.5 hours and you only get to drive 10 laps, and some of those are in a Fiesta??

Am I missing something?

Go on, you always wanted to drive a Fiesta! Do they take the other seats out, so it's a single seater? ;D

Don't think you need 3.5 hours to do 10 laps though, although they might remove 3 spark plugs in which case......................

sanzomat

I have to say I'm not entirely convinced by some of the driving experience offers at CC. About 18 months ago my wife bought me a voucher for the rally car driving experience. It was billed as a 2hr rally driving session with full tuition in both front wheel drive and rear wheel drive cars with four laps practice and a timed lap in each car on their mixed surface special stage plus a hot passenger lap. Sounded pretty good.

What they didn't make clear is the "stage" is not much more than an oval and is only about half a mile long. A lap takes under 40 seconds and the timed lap is actually the fourth of just four laps in each car so you get to drive for a total of 5.33 minutes. The rear wheel drive car was a knackered old 3 series beemer with a dodgy throttle linkage and iffy brakes and the exhaust fell off part way through so some people just had two goes out in the front wheel drive car (a Proton).

We were there for 2 hrs because there were about 25 people sharing the 2 cars (which turned into one after the BMW broke) so lots of hanging about too. If it hadn't been a gift I would have asked for my money back. >:(

Facial Hair Optional

Sounds well dodgey! I got given a white knuckle Ferrari ride voucher for my birthday, not sure when I will take it (most likely next year now) but I will report back once done.

Vindicator

Went to CC last year for the 4WD experience with DriveTech and had a great time....and learned a lot. Plenty of driving time but saying that, there was only me and better half there and had the instructor and Disco to ourselves.