News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

1.8 VVC K series engine

Started by andygtm, 03, June, 2011, 09:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andygtm

I have 1.8 VVC engine, gearbox plus ancillaries, driveshafts, hubs with the ECU and fob all from an MGF. It has done 56K but have no proof. The oil and water is nice and clean so may of been recently serviced.  Been stood for over a year now but underwraps at work. Bought as an upgrade from 1.4 but no longer needed as my GTM is up for Sale. £450 the lot.

Denzle

Quote from: andygtm on 03, June, 2011, 09:49:13 AM
I have 1.8 VVC engine, gearbox plus ancillaries, driveshafts, hubs with the ECU and fob all from an MGF. It has done 56K but have no proof. The oil and water is nice and clean so may of been recently serviced.  Been stood for over a year now but underwraps at work. Bought as an upgrade from 1.4 but no longer needed as my GTM is up for Sale. £450 the lot.

Hi Andy,
               You could email these below.  They might be able to find someone who may be interested.

M.G. Octagon Club...........All regions.......info@mgoctagoncarclub.com
M.G. Owners Club............Gloucester.......secretary@glosmgoc.co.uk
M.G.Car Club Register............X..............rogmill@waitrose.com
Bromsgrove District M.G.Owners club......pdmac@blueyonder.co.uk

Hope it works for you.. You never know.......Denzle...... ;)

Krazyken

Hi Andy

Please can you confirm if it is a 160 BHP or a 143 BHP VVC engine and whether the MEMS ECU is an EU2 or EU3.

Thanks

andygtm

Thanks Denzle I will try those sites. Ken it is the 143bhp engine, cannot help you with the other question all I know it's from a 1996 MGF. I can have a look for you if you can tell me where the info you want is on the car parts. Thanks for the interest. 

Krazyken

Hi Andy

The 143BHP VVC engine has the EU2 ECU, the 160 engine is more tuneable as it has upgraded pistons.  The ideal engine is EU2 ECU and 160BHP engine which is what both Dave & I have.  If it was a 160 engine may have been interested as a spare but hopefully this info will help with the sale.

andygtm

Thanks for the info Ken.