AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

SOLD For Sale - My fantastic Sylva Riot SE...

Started by 'The Gaffer', 28, June, 2011, 01:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Hi Folks.

I have thought long and hard but sadly the time has come to part ways with my lovely Sylva Riot SE, she has to be the most comfortable, fun, enjoyable and best handling kit car's I've ever driven.

Those that have followed me on track will testify as to how  'planted' she is.. Imagine this handling on the road ;D. My Riot SE also has an all up weight of just 458kg, so that's a power to weight ratio of about 300bhp / tonne – So she's no slouch either, -4 second 0 – 60.

So why am I selling I hear you ask? Well, I've been offered a Bugatti Veyron at a price I simply can't resist............................ Only joking, it's purely that I fancy a change for a while ;)

The car was built by an absolute perfectionist, evidence of which is obvious in the build itself and also within the comprehensive build folder that will accompany the car. Inside there are pictures and full details of components used in the project. She was SVA'd in 2006 and has since covered about 4500 I would suspect dry miles. I am the second owner, the builder being the first keeping the car for 3 years.

For those that are unfamiliar with the Sylva brand, the Riot was designed by race chassis designer legend Jeremy Phillips. The 750 Motor Club has been the series of choice for developing Sylva cars, with Sylva supporting drivers directly through works teams, plus drivers choosing Sylva cars as their race winning solutions.

My riot benefits from the following specification,

Engine - 1700 Zetec SE (All alloy Sigma) from a Ford Puma
New Cam Belt at build
Competition Clutch
Sytec Performance Fuel Pump
Emerald MD3K – ECU
Pipercross Foam Filter
Sylva 4-branch stainless steel Manifold and Cat Silencer.
ETB Digidash Lite.
Premier custom wiring loom, switches, relays etc.
Sylva black vinyl seats with Willans harnesses.
Sparco 260mm suede steering wheel
Racetech F1 mirrors.
Sylva low level windscreen
Suspension - Protech aluminium adjustable shocks all round.
Brakes AP master cylinder - RS2000 Front Callipers and Master Cylinder. Sierra rear callipers. Braided hoses. All new at time of build.
Steering - 2.2 turn quick rack, RS2000 track rod ends.
Wheels and tyres - compomotive ML's 6x14 with 185 x 55 x 14. Yokohama A048 (Nearly time for a change)

The condition of the car is very, very good with only the few to be expected stone chips and fibreglass marks. The engine revs freely with no smoke or rattles and starts first time every time. The gear-change is rifle bolt precision and the exhaust sound is intoxicating with lots of noise, pops and burbles yet still hitting a safe 99.8 db level at sound checks.

As mentioned above, she has done a few track days and in my opinion that's a good thing as any problems with the car would soon show themselves, I'm pleased to say the car has performed faultlessly on the few track days that I have attended.

I have had some great fun in the car and I've no doubt the new owner will experience the same. There is no tinkering to do, no mods to fuss over, nothing to fix, the car is just ready to drive, enjoy and experience.

Just let me know if you'd like a closer look and those with fast kit car experience are welcome to test drive, otherwise it's just a passenger ride.

I am looking for £8K but am open to sensible offers.

More pics to follow but here's a couple for starters, there are plenty on the forum too... This is one clean car :)

And no, I will not be leaving the BKCC, and will continue to play a very active role as usual :-*.

NOW ON PISTONHEADS http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2993693.htm

David H

I can vouch for this car. I have raced this car off the mark several times in my Blue Westfield. The Riot always got off the line quicker and took me a while to catch.

Its quite serious if you want it to be

Legendary handling

very very tidy example

Daley Down Under

I guess the big question is, what's next?

Someone will get a fantastic car.

Good luck with the sale Phil.

peetee

Yep, great car.

So, why is everyone selling their kits??????? :o

Denzle

"Yes"... So, why is everyone selling their kits.?    Good question peetee.... ::)

andygtm

Sorry to hear your selling Phil. Even more sorrier I am not in a posistion to buy it as I like it alot the Riot the first time I saw it, great car.

paintman

Please don't say your getting a Cobra..... ;D

Dixie

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: paintman on 28, June, 2011, 10:30:48 PM

I love the Cobra's - just cant fit in them >:(

Quote from: Dixie on 28, June, 2011, 10:53:25 PM
I know a nice black Dax for sale :D

So, another one up for sale then Mark?

stupott901

hey phil you are worse than me selling and buying cars, so waht is next?

and mark you selling your Dax?

stu

Dixie

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 29, June, 2011, 01:08:01 AM
Quote from: paintman on 28, June, 2011, 10:30:48 PM

I love the Cobra's - just cant fit in them >:(

Quote from: Dixie on 28, June, 2011, 10:53:25 PM
I know a nice black Dax for sale :D

So, another one up for sale then Mark?

Phil,

If you ever wanted a Cob, the Dax or AK would easily fit you, with room to spare.

M

Dixie

Stu.

Dunno really, maybe.

The Dax just aint the Viper. I miss it already.

Want a Grinnal Scorpion.  Or an SDR exo car.  Looked at the Atom, but cannot afford it.

M

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 29, June, 2011, 09:20:25 PM
If you ever wanted a Cob, the Dax or AK would easily fit you, with room to spare.

M

Cheers Mark, I have a budget of £8K - Somehow I don't think that would cut the mustard ;D

Now, who want's to buy my Riot :)

'The Gaffer'

A nice clean for a photo shoot this weekend then onto pistonheads classified and maybe CKC mag.

Last chance for a BKCC member to grab a great car.

As to what's next, who knows :-\

Hairy Santa

I recon you should get another Toniq Phil, that car suited you

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 08, July, 2011, 03:55:21 PM
I recon you should get another Toniq Phil, that car suited you

Yeah my / your older Toniq chassis number 0001 was a great car in many way's, but I have to say in all honesty the Riot is definitely more fun, goes faster and handles like it's on rails. Couldn't afford a new version Toniq anyway :(

Money pit house renovation sadly forces sale :( :( But I will be back with something :)

Hairy Santa

well here you are Phi - just what your after once the riot's gone  -bit of work and look what you have

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-COBRA-DAX-COBRA-FORD-MUSTANG-351-V8-SHELBY-DAX-/170666831131?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27bc892d1b

I recon he woud go lower, been trying to fog it now for ages

'The Gaffer'

Nice one Pete but not quite me I'm afraid. Thanks for the heads up though matey :)

'The Gaffer'

David H

'The Gaffer'

'The Gaffer'

NOW SOLD.

Time to save a bit of money now and see what else is about in a while.

andygtm

That's good news Phil. I bet they were chuffed with it. :D

Hairy Santa

Congrats that man, they got themselves a nice motor

so what do you fancy next ?   - it's not a 3 wheeler is it  :D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: andygtm on 31, July, 2011, 06:50:55 PM
That's good news Phil. I bet they were chuffed with it. :D

The new owner is very pleased with the car thanks Andy, the fact that it was very well built, well looked after, and needed no work appealed.

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 31, July, 2011, 10:49:46 PM
Congrats that man, they got themselves a nice motor

so what do you fancy next ?   - it's not a 3 wheeler is it  :D

Cheers Pete. Haha, what like a bike powered Robin Reliant like this?

"Rev it Phil" ................ I swear I wasn't driving, honest ;D

tickious

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: tickious on 12, August, 2011, 07:14:57 PM
What about this little run about Phil?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3119712.htm

Bargain!  ;)

Thanks for the thought David, I've seen your car on track a couple of times and its done well - just not for me though thanks ;). Good luck with the sale though :)