Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Evolution for sale on Ebay today 2/9/12 -SOLD

Started by evolution, 31, August, 2012, 10:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evolution

Well it's a sad day.
Having recently been made redundant the evoltion is up for grabs.  I have had a fair bit of work done to it including new radiator, pipes, maf sensor, wheel set up by our good friend Mr Gallop, soft top made. It comes with a hard top as well. Fully adjustable shocks all round.  The interesting bits engine was rebuilt for regisstration in 2003 by David Hughes motorsport and recently set up properly by Radland motorsport in Birmingham. All pressures were checked and found to be good so no meltdowns. Radlands have set up at 330bhp and backed off the boost to a shade under 300 at the rear wheels.  This car was the winner of the 2006 kit car of the year and quoted by Peter Filby "The GKD Evolution must be one of the top three fastest cars I have ever driven"
I am looking for offers in the region of £10k with there being some paint touch ups required
Thanks
Steve
NOW LISTED ON EBAY http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110945910278?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

YellaBelly

Such a shame Steve. That is one nice car :(

JB

evolution

I know, but I cannot justify it now. Irritating thing is unlike modern cars she has never failed me. Blackpool & back no problem.
I did forget to mention MOT May 2013 Tax March 2013 & insurance a measley £125

WALNUT

sory to hear your selling the car, somebody got a bargin coming there way.

Tony

evolution

Hairy Santa

sorry to hear that your redundant mate, sometimes works out for the best though

your car should fly out, didnt spot much wrong with the bodywork last time I saw it, stick it on pistonheads

all the best

Pete

fullpint

Thats not good news mate. Hopefully you won't be out of a job for too long.
Real shame you have to sell the car  :(

'The Gaffer'

Sorry to hear that Steve. Hope you find work soon and hopefully keep the car.

evolution

I've had to make a decision which I have thought long and hard over and I have bought a SLK. This means I get all year transport and some fun still. Evo still to be sold so will probably stick it on fleebay. Am at Donington tomorrow so will stick a for sale sign on it.
Thanks for all your support and wishes.
Steve

'The Gaffer'

Sounds a bit like the decision I made.

SLK's are still welcome in the club ;)

stupott901

Such a shame nice car saw it appear on ebay

evolution

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 04, September, 2012, 03:14:42 PM
Sounds a bit like the decision I made.

SLK's are still welcome in the club ;)

Phil.
I really am still in 2 minds. Took a guy out for a test drive today and short of a Mclaren reaally don't know how I'd get the acceleration boost or fun factor. I think my biggest problem is my legs getting worse with pain and cramps hey ho getting on eh?  Have stalled purchase of SLK 350 until I can work out what I am to decide.
Thanks Stupott
Steve

fullpint

Wow thats one nice looking kit. And I love the power figures. 10K tho would clear me out.
The new owner is going to be one lucky person..

evolution

Clear yourself out you know it's worth it  ;D

evolution

Well, she has sold today. SLK should be here tuesday or thursday. Once I've got it I'll have to whoop Hairy's arse  ;D

fullpint

I'm sure Hairy will buy yet another car just to keep one ahead from us all  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Glad it sold tho cause at least my money is safe for a while  ;)

evolution

Hmm, can't believe silly offers I got. The guy I was taling about on thursday phoned me yesterday and offered 8k because HE wanted to change the wheels - go figure >:(

evolution

Another downer is that I am now going to have to pay to get into the shows  :'(

'The Gaffer'

Well done on the sale, looking forward to seeing the new motor :)

evolution

Thanks. The umming and ahhhing is out of my hands now. Couldn't stretch to a Z4 Alpina bi turbo though ;D I think I need to become a little more right foot conscious. Not as quick but for standard roadster 5.4 is respectable enough  ;D Running costs hahem ;D

evolution

Well Miss Evo has now been collected. I had my last drive to collect the new owner from the train station and take him home and was still thinking I'd made a mistake right up to the point where he followed me as I led him to the motorway :'(. She has now gone and I hope John continues the development.

YellaBelly

Time is a healer apparently Steve ;) :)

Looks like she's gone to a good home.

evolution

I know. If anybody needs any 4x100 pcd wheel spacers I have 2 x 8mm (I think) and also a new Sabelt 4 strap harness

fullpint