+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Official Tiger Avon Chassis & More!

Started by criddy, 14, January, 2013, 10:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

criddy

Guys, its sad for me to say that the time appears to have come to sell my Tiger Avon kit build.

I have an official Tiger chassis along with the chassis number from Tiger to complete registration when it goes on the road. The kit has diff, recon steering rack, pedal box, most alloy panelling work has been done, wires were done however have got wet due to cover blowing off. The chassis was powder coated, however now has some surface rust as been chipped when covers been lifted. It just needs a scrub down and repaint. Personally i would do hammerite rather then powder coat.

I also have a full set of coil overs to sell seperately, a set of alloys, and an official caterham roll bar with brake light fitted that has had the fixing points changed to fit a Tiger.

I'm looking at £500 for th chassis with the parts that are fitted to it.

£60 for the 4 alloys, currently attached to the chassis.

£75 Pair of brand new seats, I think it was £110 that they cost me.

Brand new coilover dampers £150.

£100 for the roll bar. I will try and get pictures soon, however my chassis is situated on the edge of Dartmoor at the moment and I'm in Bridgwater. The only parts in Bridgwater at the moment are the Coilovers and the roll bar.

'The Gaffer'

Shame to see another project being sold, truly a sign of the times :(.

Get some pics up and good luck with the sale.

criddy

Bizarrely not due to current climate more an unplanned purchase. I got offered an everyday performance family car that I couldn't refuse so no budget for a toy when the main motors not a diseasal

'The Gaffer'

Ah ok that's interesting. I wonder what it is?

criddy

I've got a 2006 Impreza Wagon which I've already started modifying. I intended to finish the kit car however put the money into the Impreza instead as things stand. I thought we've not had much great weather and I'd like to use a performance car as much as possible as they're a huge addiction to me. I'm sad to see the Avon go after so much hard work has been done so far, especially in sourcing parts. Refurbished the front calipers, rear drums, steering rack. Official tiger chassis as said I still have the number for it from tiger. It's cost more then I'm selling it for the chassis alone. I just hope that it finds the home it needs, be a shame to not have it finished. I even have a log book for an age related plate from a Sierra.

'The Gaffer'

Good choice. The Impeza wagon is a great all rounder.