News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Selling My Westfield Megablade [SOLD]

Started by Ace Fettler, 16, July, 2014, 09:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Fettler

Hi All,

Its time for my Westfield Megablade to find a new home.

I built the car in early 2003 and it was correctly registered as a new car May of that year.

Originally built with a 893cc (SC28E) engine this was replaced in August 2009 with a low mileage 919cc (SC33E) unit (supplied by Andy Bates of AB Performance). The engine change has been correctly recorded on the V5. The car has done less than 1000 miles a year since. The original unit, (it runs fine but would benefit from a gearbox rebuild) including the correct ECU and carbs will be included in the sale.

In the spring of this year the rear arches were replaced and carbon effect rear light clusters fitted. (The original arches c/w lights can be supplied in the sale; they have some star crazing but would make serviceable spares)

Suspension geometry has been set up by Dave Gallop of Track Developments.

Comprehensive history file and original build manuals.

MOT until 6th June 2015.
Road tax until 31st March 2015

I have owned and enjoyed this car since building it. It has been used for occasional track days and summer fun including several trips to Le Mans. The car has been maintained to a high standard regardless of cost. It is now time to find a new owner as it is not getting used and I have other interests I would like to pursue.

PM me for further details and pics.

Richard

'The Gaffer'

Howdy stranger.

Good luck with the sale. I can vouch the car has been well looked after and looks really smart.

Ace Fettler

Just to let everyone know, the car is now sold.

Richard

'The Gaffer'

Ace Fettler

Yes, took me a little bit buy surprise really. I had 3 people really interested at the back end of last week and the first one to come and see it yesterday morning bought it. Not quite for the asking price but close enough and I am more than happy. Its gone to a guy in Staffordshire who is going to use it for sprints and hill climbs as well as road use.

Well that's the end of my kit car hobby for now at least. I am now looking for a boat to stick on the Gloucester and Sharpness. Its something I've wanted to do for a long time and 'er indoors is also keen.

Moleman

Good luck with your new Hobby. 8)
Sounds like you will get to use that more than us in our cars with the weather we are having.  ::) :P

Iancider

Enjoy the new hobby - I am sure we can organise a launch party as soon as she's ready

Ian