News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

176 bhp 154ftlbs

Started by bigpapajabba, 21, September, 2009, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpapajabba

Im selling this to fun buying a newer slower up to date car as times call for it.
This is a verry fast car and has loads of excellent parts alot of time and effort has gone into this too. please see both links for for sale thread and the build diary.

PhilW

Sorry but how is this a kit car :o, it's a Metro, with a different engine!

bigpapajabba

if you read the hournal you will see that it has been fully rebuilt using parts from differant cars and modifying them to fit.

i thought a kit car was some thing you build from scratch modifying and reworking parts to make fit to your own car?

Im near sure that the work and parts gone into this car and the power it has would surprise some of you.

sorry if i seem a little harsh just for my first post i saw that as you being a little petty :)
what car do you drive PhilW

PhilW

Quote from: bigpapajabba on 21, September, 2009, 02:11:29 PM

sorry if i seem a little harsh just for my first post i saw that as you being a little petty :)
what car do you drive PhilW

I'm not being petty, it is a Metro that you've modified, thats like saying every Corsa with a Redtop engine is a kit car, or every 106 Pug or Saxo etc with engine swaps and body kits are kit cars they are not.

Here is my KITCAR

Bulldog Bri

I'm inclined to aggree with Phil on this one, what you have is a modified car nothing else... a kit car is one that has a totally different chassis and body that uses parts from other vehicles or even propose made suspension parts. A lot will also have racing pedigrees as well built solely for the track or full on replicas of older race breed cars, others are along the lines of the classic roadsters from way back.

I myself have a lotus 7 replica and a traditional roadster, the 7 I have hand built from plans from the chassis up!

8)

'The Gaffer'

Welcome to the club Jabba.

I fully appreciate the amount of work that you have put into your car, but sadly as others have said, it is not a true kit car in the real sense.

It is for that reason that I am editing and locking your post as this is not an advertising forum for anything other than true kit cars and I don't want traffic coming to the site in the future looking for similar cars to yours. (No disrespect, but it's just a waste of our bandwidth)

That said, I hope you find our forum useful, and should you ultimately decide to venture into true kit car territory, please feel free to post, and you will find people more than happy to help you.

Good luck with the sale.

Phil.
BKCC Admin