News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

2011 GTS Panther For Sale

Started by G.I Ginge, 28, September, 2014, 02:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.I Ginge

For sale is my excellent GTS Panther.

Correctly registered on a 61 plate, the car is running with a 1.8 Zetec blacktop with fuel injection. The engine was new on being installed in the car and has covered only 3625 miles in that time. Loads of the parts on the car were new when the car was built by Ed Ives (check out his awesome reputation on locostbuilders forum) in 2011, hence the 61 plate, rather than a Q plate. Any parts that were not new were fully refurbished from a Ford Sierra donor, so the car is in great condition and Sierra replacement parts are cheap and plentiful if you need them. Ford Type 9 gearbox, 15" alloys, Omex 600 ECU.

In the year I've owned the car, I've pumped plenty of money into it, getting all those little jobs sorted to make it a great car instead of a 'completed kit'. I put an aeroscreen on, changed the alternator for a brand new one, replaced the tie rod end joints, put a grill on the car, had a join on the exhaust re-welded and tidied up the interior, to name a few jobs. The car has just been through its first MOT (Sept 10th 2014). It had one advisory- a small coolant leak- which I had professionally fixed immediately, along with replacing a break line which was looking a little tired. I also bought a new full set of Toyo R1Rs for the car in June. They still have almost all their tread- this has only been a weekend and very occasional track car for me. All this means I'm offering a full year's hassle-free driving. Nothing is going to need replacing before the next service and MOT. Tax is until the end of January 2015.

The car is fantastic to drive. 0-60 in just over 4 seconds is nothing to sneer at. It weighs in at just over 650kgs, so it's got a power:weight ratio of about 230bhp per tonne. In short, it will happily smoke just about anything you're likely meet on the road. On track, she is beautifully balanced and carries incredible speed through the bends. I know it's pretty subjective, but I also think this seven shape looks the business- I get more comments and questions from folks when I take this out than for any of the sports cars I've owned. For those who don't like the stickers I've gone for, they are just vinyl decals and will peel straight off.

In short, the car is exceptionally sound- about as safe a buy as you can make in the kit car world. I am happy to give a prospective buyer as long as you like to inspect it- I've got nothing to hide and will try to be as honest as I can- just ask! There is some slight damage to the driver's side wing- I've got plenty of pics that I'm happy to send to anyone interested; if it bothers you a new one costs £60, but has absolutely zero impact on the car's handling. There are also one or two other small cosmetic imperfections which I will be happy to detail to any serious buyer, but they really are too minor to list here. I'm only selling the car because the fun I've had maintaining it has shown me I want to build one of my own from scratch! Always garaged, always checked over before and after every outing. I'm happy to take any prospective buyer out for a drive, but will need to see proof of insurance if you want to get behind the wheel.

Please note- I would like to be paid in cash, if possible- I've already been contacted by a bunch of Paypal scammers.

£6,750 o.v.n.o - I've looked carefully at my competition and this price represents a serious bargain. No one is advertising a car of this age with no issues and a current MOT for this money.

Would consider a swap for a BMW e46 M3.

Moleman

'The Gaffer'

Looks great and good value for money.

Lucky Ed

G.I Ginge

Thanks for the kind words guys. I think it's a real bargain too. I've priced it competitively because I'd like to get on with my own project now the decision is made!