News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Wanted - Distributor for V8 Rover

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 25, September, 2009, 07:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Mendip Wurzel'

Dear Friends
I don't suppose anybody has got an old points distributor for a V8 Rover that they may want to sell. Model No 35D8. I know this is a bit of a long shot, but I was just thinking about all you Cobra chaps who may have historically update your distributors and have the old one hanging about......

Thanks

Kevin   

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MendipWursel on 25, September, 2009, 07:06:53 PM
Dear Friends
I don't suppose anybody has got an old points distributor for a V8 Rover that they may want to sell. Model No 35D8. I know this is a bit of a long shot, but I was just thinking about all you Cobra chaps who may have historically update your distributors and have the old one hanging about......

Thanks

Kevin

Looks like you are out of luck so far Kevin, but here s a bump to the top. Hope you get sorted.

gingerpaul

What parts do you need? What cover is it for?

Dixie

Quote from: gingerpaul on 26, September, 2009, 11:50:26 AM
What parts do you need? What cover is it for?

Kevin.

Have you tried JRV8?  He has all things RV8.  If you have paypal he will send to you, normally within 3 days.

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Not being a Rover V8 expert, have I missed something here?

Kevin is looking for an old points distributor for a V8 Rover that they may want to sell. Model No 35D8.

gingerpaul

Well, I have an old points distributor for a Rover V8. I broked it a bit though so depending on what bit of his distributor is jiggered it might be of some use. I'd have to check the model number on it to check it's the right thing. My top tip is double check the oil pump will turn by hand before turning the engine over just in case you have accidentally locked it all up by not putting the right shim gaskets in and thus snap the oil pump drive off the end of the distributor shaft!

'Mendip Wurzel'

Dear GingerPaul ...

This sounds very interesting. I am looking for a 35D8 distributor. All I need is the points mounting plate which the old points would have been attached to ... This was missing from my distributor when I tried to install a new electronic ignition system.

Could I give you a ring or I can be contacted on 01934 862174 / 07850 808723, or my email address is home@kevinphipps.co.uk

Many Thanks

Kevin

gingerpaul

I should add that they're both crap. The first has the oil pump drive snapped off the end, although this means it would work with an SD1 front cover, and the second wasn't reliable enough for me. I replaced them with a Mallory electronic one. However, if you're on the salvage then the parts might be useful to you.