AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BMW Alpina Z4 Roadster S Convertible For Sale. 2005. SOLD.

Started by 'The Gaffer', 10, May, 2015, 02:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Ok, summer is on the way so my beloved Alpina Z4 is up for grabs.

It is with great reluctance that I am selling my BMW Alpina Z4 Roadster S. New work commitments mean I have not had the time to enjoy this fantastic car as much as I'd like so it's time for another enthusiast to take over. This is one of only 167 right hand drive Alpina Z4's ever built and it has badge number 252. It comes in Titanium Silver with Black Leather interior with Blue and Green stitching on the dash, steering wheel and centre console and Alpina logos and coloured rhombs on the seats. The powered hood is clean and watertight with no holes or rips.

I have owned this car for three and a half years and during that time it has been totally reliable and great fun to drive. I am a member of the Alpina Register and love driving the Z4 when I can but sadly not enough these days. For a 10 year old car it is in great condition and has full service history including the all important running in service, it has also been garaged and covered and has travelled just 55,300 miles (This may go up with use) It has had a couple of tasteful modifications including the fitment of the well renowned KW Variant 3 fully adjustable coilover suspension with adjustable top-mounts plus a major stereo upgrade.

This car is very quick, has fantastic torque and has been safely tuned by the well respected Evolve Automotive. The steering, brakes and clutch are light, making the car a joy to drive at any speed. The handling is very precise, planted and grippy and the car does not smoke, rattle or lose any oil. It comes with a transferable Warranty Direct warranty till Jan 2016 for piece of mind.

Specification:

KW Variant 3 Coilover suspension (£1875.00 Upgrade) Original suspension will come with car

Alpine /Jenhert stereo (£1765.00 Upgrade) Original head unit will come with car

Evolve Automotive tune - 335.2 HP / 289 lb-ft torque

New Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tyres all round

Warranty Direct transferable warranty till Jan 2016

Only 55,300 miles (This may go up with use)

MOT Expires 22.12.2015 (No advisories)

Taxed (PLG just £225 per year)

Full service history

USB / Bluetooth Music / Phone calls

Professional suspension and geometry set-up

True climate control / Air-Conditioning

Electric seats with memory function

Heated Seats

Park Distance Control With Beeps

Headlamp Wash

Super Brilliance headlamps

Cruise Control

Steering wheel rake adjustment

Steering wheel reach adjustment

Central locking

Alarm / Immobiliser

Driver's airbags

Side airbags

Passenger airbags.

Metallic Paint

Dynamic Traction Control / Stability control

Electric folding roof

19" Dynamic Alloy wheels

Electric Windows

Fog lights

Alpina front splitter

Alpina 3 piece rear boot lid spoiler

Alpina logo'd wind deflector

Alpina trimmed interior with Alpina logos and rhombs on the seats

Alpina multifunction steering wheel with co-ordinated stitching and rhombs

Alpina leather gear knob

Stainless steel exhaust system

6 Disc CD Changer (Still in car but not used)

Airbag deactivation switch

ISOFix front passenger seat.

Driver & Passenger cup-holders

Wheel spacers

HPI Clear

Non Lux spec so no troublesome sat-nav screen with outdated software. No need to carry hundreds of CD's in the car as the new system now connects to any device using bluetooth or USB. No Xenon headlights but these have been upgraded to Super Brilliance so I have no problem seeing where I am going. Other than that the car has identical spec as the Lux version.

Alpina made over 2000 alterations and improvements to the standard Z4, most of them unseen and all of them give the Roadster S a much improved feel of build quality and uniqueness over the standard model. The specification is high as you would expect from a car costing close to £40,000 when new, and being quite rare the car will surely appreciate in value in the coming years.

Stereo / ICE audio upgrade:

Alpine IDA X305s head unit

Alpine  PXA H100 imprint sound processor

Alpine  BT400 bluetooth module - Calls are as clear as a bell

Jenhert Z4 a 'tuned to the car' custom door cards

Jenhert footwell speakers

Jenhert tweeters

JL XD400/4 amplifier with a true 2 x 200 watt RMS output

If you like your music on the move the sound is absolutely amazing, tight expressive and low, absolutely no sub-woofer is needed, and unlike the original stereo you can connect your device using USB or Bluetooth.

Condition & Benefits:

I travelled far and wide to look at 3 other Alpina Z4's before settling on this one as I'm quite fussy. The car has covered just 55,300 miles and is in very good condition. The paintwork still gleams although there are a few small stone chips. The interior is is very good condition and smells clean with no signs of previous smokers. Overall a very presentable car that turns heads and provokes conversation from the general public and fellow petrol heads alike. It comes with the Alpina supplemental booklet, service booklet and 2 keys.

The car also benefits from low PLG road tax (Only £225 per year) due to the numbers built not exceeding the amount to require an emissions related band. You will also benefit from much cheaper main dealer servicing compared to the ///M version.

This car is ready to drive for the summer or will make an excellent everyday commuter throughout the year. It also makes for an excellent track day car should you desire, I have done a handful of them and the car performed excellently and safely and a great deal of fun was had.

This car has been tuned by experts, Evolve Automotive under my ownership and now produces a healthy but very engine safe 335.2 bhp and 289 lb-ft of torque over the standard 296 bhp / 268 lb-ft

The KW Varient 3 suspension transforms this car. Personally I felt the original suspension was good but prone to be a little hard and skittish. The KW is so much more compliant yet firm giving good levels of grip with it's fully adjustable compression and rebound, damping, ride height and front camber. It is currently set for sporting road use and needs no adjustment once easily set to your own liking. For the purists, the original suspension will be sold boxed with the car.

New Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tyres have just been fitted all round along with a new battery. A new steering column has also been fitted so you will not get the well publicised 'Z4 Sticky Steering' problem. The car is lowered (Fully adjustable) and wheel spacers have been added to give an assertive looking stance. Tow hook is normally removed.

Test Drive - Serious People Only Please:

If you are seriously interested in looking at the car with a view to buying, please contact me with any common questions before you see it - I will give you honest no BS answers. If you want specific pictures, ask me and I will send some, If you have a car to sell first to fund another, please sell it before viewing mine as I simply don't have the time for tyre kickers or test pilots. Only people who have had experience of driving performance cars and who carry at least third party insurance to drive other peoples cars will be allowed behind the wheel for a very sensible road legal test drive. All that said, I am a very friendly guy and very much look forward to meeting genuine perspective buyers.

[/URL]

Price: £12,650 or near offers

I am pricing this car to sell. Normally I would be asking around £14K with all the Thousands of £££'s of extras but because a quick sell would be preferred and the sound system is maybe not for everyone, I am asking just £12,650 or near offers. I am not desperate to sell so sorry, no PX or silly offers please.

Call me on 07733 438555 or PM me if you wish to view or have any questions. Car is in Bristol UK.

Note: Private plate is not included in the sale.

Daley Down Under

Good luck with the sale Phil - right time of year.

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Daley Down Under on 10, May, 2015, 09:47:20 PM
Good luck with the sale Phil - right time of year.

Cheers Adrian

Cheers Adrian, you most be right, sold within a day and a lot of interest :)

Daley Down Under

Moleman

Good to hear mate. Not surprised it went that quick.  8)

Hairy Santa

paintman

Well done Phil....maybe you should have put another grand on it! ;D ;D ;D

'The Gaffer'

Cheers guys, quite sad to see it drive off down the road actually :(