News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Onyx Firefox Kit Car For Sale

Started by dave_bence, 18, June, 2015, 01:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_bence

My 2005 Onyx Firefox Roadsport For Sale.

It's fully road legal, but it comes with a custom-made trailer to carry it.

Built and owned by me. I passed the SVA test at the first attempt and it is correctly registered on the V5 (which is in my name) as an Onyx Firefox.

This car has been used and enjoyed and has inevitably picked up some scratches and stone chips. They're mainly on the front of the nose/bonnet. But as it's all fibreglass, it won't rust!

Mechanically it has been very well looked after – the engine oil (fully synthetic) and filter are replaced twice a year. All other fluids and filters are replaced annually. It is a very reliable car. It's very easy to work on and is cheap to run and maintain.

Pictures and a comprehensive build diary can be seen here:

www.davebence.co.uk/

A brief spec:

Rover K-Series 1796 cc VVC engine with DVA Power K06A tuning kit – ported head, reground exhaust cam, retimed inlet valves.

Bottom end fully rebuilt in 2011 with new pistons, liners, bearings, oil pump and a baffled sump, all supplied by DVA. The liner heights were properly set to prevent head gasket problems and the oilways around the engine and pump were flowed for better lubrication.

Performance: Standing start quarter mile in 13.175 seconds @ 108.03 MPH. Top speed 128mph

Custom-made 4-2-1 stainless-steel exhaust manifold and system by Exhausts By Design

Rover PG1 gearbox from a Rover 200BRM, with close-ratio gearset and TorSen diff

Protec alloy-bodied dampers.

The Firefox is not a big car. If you're over 6' and/or have long legs, you might not fit. It would be wise to come and try it for size.

The trailer was custom-made to carry the Firefox, with the axle in the correct position to get the weight distribution right. It tows beautifully and will fit through a standard 6'6" garage doorway.

Two spare sets of wheels are included – one with Toyo road tyres and one with Michelin slicks.

I'd like to sell the complete package as one - the car, the trailer and two spare sets of wheels. The wheels don't fit many cars other than the Rover Metro as used for the donor car, so I'd like them to go with the Onyx.

Reason for sale: It's time for a change. I'm undecided whether to go for another, more extreme track-day car, or I might start acting my age and build a sensible, long-distance tourer. Whatever I decide, the Onyx has to go to give me some funds and space for the next project.

Price: £3,895 ono for the car, trailer and two spare sets of wheels.

Bulldog Bri

Just go for something different Dave but stay with the kits.

And remember.

8)

Iancider

Wow, this is a big moment - I have had so much fun as passenger in this whizzy machine!!! 8) 8) 8)

Dave - don't leave racing - you are too good at it - we need you.  I agree you should get some serious wheels and add muscle to your hugely impressive pedigree.

Everybody else - this is one heck of a vehicle - it looks different but boy does it go and does it handle yehhh!!!.  :o :o :o

Car, trailer and wheels at that price it is a bargain - you will be impressed!!!

Do not miss the bargain of a lifetime! Dave and that car have to stay club members

Hairy Santa

All the best with the sale Dave, someone is going to end up with one well built, sorted, quick car. I know, it did surprise me

looking forward to what your up to next 

Moleman

This is a cracking car which is lovely out on track. All the best mate.  :)

I'm sure you will get something that you will be taking out on the track.  :)

'The Gaffer'

Thats a great price for that package Dave, someone will get a great car thats great on track as well as the road.

Don't go all sensible, nothing really beats the rawness of a kit :)

Daley Down Under

Never thought I'd see this day arrive Dave.  Good luck with the sale and look forward to seeing the next project.

Cheers Adrian

dave_bence

Car has now been sold 8)

The new owner (bezer83) is local, he's joined the BKCC and has introduced himself here:

http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=4272.0

I hope he has as much fun with the car as I did ;D

I'm now looking out for my next project - but I still don't know what it might be ???

Moleman

Well don't take too long I'm already looking at track days for next year.  ;D

Lucky Ed

Good luck with whatever your next project is Dave, I'm sure it will be a poorly constructed, unreliable piece of junk, just like the last one :o ;)

Moleman

Are you talking about Dave's car or your own Ed?  :P :P

Lucky Ed

Funny guy! although now you mention it, it's a good description of mine at the moment ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Is it still on the magic levitating pallets Ed??  ::)

'The Gaffer'

Nice one Dave, now don't go all sensible :P

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 08, November, 2015, 08:53:42 PM

It's down of the pallets and fired up for the first time today, albeit roughly on part throttle. It needs to go on the rollers really but I will need to run it in a bit first as it's got new forged pistons and rods. Pics of the shiny bits to follow ;D

sanzomat

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 08, November, 2015, 09:23:50 PM
it's got new forged pistons and rods.

Couldn't get hold of genuine ones then? :P

Lucky Ed

Quote from: sanzomat on 08, November, 2015, 09:29:20 PM
it's got new forged pistons and rods.

Couldn't get hold of genuine ones then? :P

I didn't think I could afford the genuine ones after I found out the price of the forged ones :o

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 08, November, 2015, 08:53:42 PM

It's down of the pallets and fired up for the first time today, albeit roughly on part throttle.

And I thought that was the Pucklechurch fireworks display I could hear from Yate!!!  ;D