News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Still Wanted Sierra Donor

Started by luke3hens, 08, October, 2009, 08:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke3hens

any one know of a donor car in the wiltshire area? i cant find one at all. even the ebay is no good they are selling for stupid high prices!

Richard

Not that local but given the potential price and what you are going to do to it, a little trip with a mate and trailer  might work out well.

http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s1&lotId=18170509

I've been keeping an eye out locally for you but since the 4x4 awhile ago nothing around here.

PhilW

Quote from: Richard on 08, October, 2009, 08:29:43 PM
Not that local but given the potential price and what you are going to do to it, a little trip with a mate and trailer  might work out well.

http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s1&lotId=18170509

I've been keeping an eye out locally for you but since the 4x4 awhile ago nothing around here.

That one probably has the cvh engine and mt75 gearbox, whilst you can tune the cvh it's not cheap and the gearbox is bigger than the type 9, but i suppose it depends on what you want to do with it, have you thought about MX5 or BMW as a donor?

'The Gaffer'

My advice is always to check the breaking for spares ones.

This guy has 70 Sierra's in his back garden!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-SIERRA-REAR-LAMP-SIERRAS-BREAKING-FOR-SPARES_W0QQitemZ290355930827QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439a8fe6cb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You may need to trailer one back or sometimes they deliver.

Richard

[/quote]That one probably has the cvh engine and mt75 gearbox.[/quote]

No idea what it has as it isn't a BMW  ;)

Please translate for me, what is the best donor I can keep an eye out for Luke then ? What would you be recommending him to try and find ?

PhilW

Doh, didn't  see the pictures last time i looked, yes it is a cvh,
an earlier Sierra would be better, unfortunately i can remember what year they changed maybe 1990.

luke3hens

yes a early pinto would be better but cvh donor would supply the axle and hubs ect ect and could get a box and 2.0l pinto of ebay and rebuild the cheap enoth

PhilW

Quote from: luke3hens on 08, October, 2009, 09:07:08 PM
yes a early pinto would be better but cvh donor would supply the axle and hubs ect ect and could get a box and 2.0l pinto of ebay and rebuild the cheap enoth

I would contact the chap off Ebay and see how much the bits you want would cost off of him, if it's not much more than a complete donor then it might be a better option, it all depends on how much room you have to store the donor whilst stripping it.

PhilW

Have you not looked into a BMW or MX5 as a donor?

luke3hens

has any one here used a bmw or mx5 as a donor is it much harder? jjust the book is written for a sierra but does mention these as posiblitys?