+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Black Team Dynamics Pro Race 2 15 inch wheels

Started by wacky, 19, July, 2015, 06:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacky

Black Team Dynamics Pro Race 2  15 inch wheels, 7 inches width.  In good condition.

With 205 x 50 x 15 Toyo r888 GG mounted that have done less than 15 miles total.

One of the tyres has been very slightly damaged by rubbing on the cycle wing stay of my Westfield, its only slight damage that I think you can continue to use it with, but I am not going to charge for that tyre, its free.

I have measured the offset (its not stated on the rims) and I make it ET35.

For the rims and tyres together I'm looking for £425.  I'm only selling due to ill health.

cheers
Tony

damouk

Hi Tony,

I will probably have these, but need to just double check my offset and rolling radius :)

Damo

wacky

Facial Hair Optional

Do you know the hole fitment/pcd etc?

Is it a Ford fitment 4x108 or ??

What is the centre bore size?

damouk

Yep, looks like they will fit so I will have these, let me know when is good to collect :)

Damo

wacky

Yes, they are 108 x 4 Ford fitment.

Damo, Any evening this week.  I'll pm you.

wacky

Now sold.  Thanks Damouk.

Facial Hair Optional

damouk

Yep, but do I get a pair of 225's for the rear that's the question!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 20, July, 2015, 09:49:05 PM
Yep, but do I get a pair of 225's for the rear that's the question!
LOL!! I'm going 215's on the rear by the look of it. Weirdly they are only 2mm narrower than 225's! But not as tall and hence bit more room around the arches etc. For some reason they cost less than 205's too. The tyre world is a bloody mystery these days!!!!!!  ???

The new R888R's 225's are not yet released apparently.

Iancider

Tyres are priced according to their frequency of use - oddball sizes cost more.  Fleet car tyres are always cheap.

Ian

damouk

... 888's on a fleet car!? ;-) Tyre prices are all made up, where else can you say that's to expensive.. matey down the road will do them cheaper and get money off...

The 225's give the same rolling radius as the 205 40 17's i already have

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 21, July, 2015, 05:22:24 PM
... 888's on a fleet car!? ;-) Tyre prices are all made up, where else can you say that's to expensive.. matey down the road will do them cheaper and get money off...

Good point!!!!

Quote from: damouk on 21, July, 2015, 05:22:24 PM

The 225's give the same rolling radius as the 205 40 17's i already have

Ah I See. How does your car handle on those low profile tyres out of interest? I'm guessing you are switching from 17s to 15s to improve the handling and ride quailty?

More people seem to be going lower these days and yet lots of people also say don't 'cos it'll ruin your handling!

It wasn't that long ago kit cars only seemed to run 13 inch tyres at 65 profile!

I have 195/50/15 on the front and rear of the Fury but they just cannot get any grip at the rear. Ok so they are T1Rs and obviously R888s will be a lot better but I still feel I will need a wider tyre on the rear at least, hence my current view of getting 215s at the back.

I am currently in touch with the guys who used to track day my car and I'll see what their opinion is as they know the car better than anyone.

damouk

To be fair not to bad, but the t1r's do skit about on the front when pushing out of roundabouts and rough surfacesyour I would imagine the same problem you have on your rears.

The trend is for larger wheels these days on tin tops probably because of all the bloat toys manufacturers can get away with it.

When I looked the other day the 215 and 225 weren't a million miles away in price.

Hairy Santa

I have some 16" ones of these if anyone is interested

wheels 4 of, 2 could do with a bit of paint putting round the outer edge's, other 2 like new

tyres 4 of, 2 crap, 2 vey good

A mate has them on fleebay at the moment for £200, which is what I paid for them

shout on PM if interested or come and try them on (brislington) 

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 21, July, 2015, 05:43:26 PM
To be fair not to bad, but the t1r's do skit about on the front when pushing out of roundabouts and rough surfacesyour I would imagine the same problem you have on your rears.

The trend is for larger wheels these days on tin tops probably because of all the bloat toys manufacturers can get away with it.

When I looked the other day the 215 and 225 weren't a million miles away in price.

Yeah the back end of the Fury is 'lively' to say the least!!! For 'lively' read death trap!!! Or as someone on the PH forum who knew the car called it, 'the widow maker'!! Luckily I am not married!

Last time I looked on tyreleader.co.uk they were selling R888 215/50/15s for £15 less per tyre than even 205s and about £30 less than 225s !!!! Oponeo don't seem to sell 215/50/15 R888s though for some reason.

Have you tried ebay? I have often seen almost new R888s for sale on there at decent (negotiable) prices.

Facial Hair Optional

Damouk, used one track day only, shame they are in Rugby. Could courier cheap as chips these days.

£90 for the pair 225s!! And OPEN TO OFFERS!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyo-r888-tyres-225-50-15-2-tyres-/331600125913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d34e85fd9