News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

GTM for sale on ebay

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 23, September, 2015, 09:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Saw this liitle beauty on ebay yesterday - and it's even yellow!

Is this the same model you have sanzomat Dave? It's just over the bridge in Chepstow but I've never seen it around before.

Bulldog Bri

benchmark51

Facial Hair Optional

Daley Down Under

That looks rather good (and its yellow)  :DD

sanzomat

That's a Libra (the coupe version) - mine is a Spyder, basically the same car but with the roof chopped off. Mine is clearly much more desirable! They made about 350 Libras but only 40 Spyders

Tasty with the Honda engine but that one looks a bit overpriced - the exact same car was sold through PH in August and was advertised at £8k so why its suddenly worth £14k I don't know. Maybe just having a punt.

Facial Hair Optional

And yours is much more rare as it is RED. I like RED, a nice colour RED is!!  ;D ;D ;D

Lucky Ed

HOW MUCH :o

That's halfway to a good S/H Ultima ;D

Moleman

The funny thing is some of us yellow owners parked by there on our Tintern run.  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 23, September, 2015, 02:07:03 PM
That's a Libra (the coupe version) - mine is a Spyder, basically the same car but with the roof chopped off. Mine is clearly much more desirable! They made about 350 Libras but only 40 Spyders

Tasty with the Honda engine but that one looks a bit overpriced - the exact same car was sold through PH in August and was advertised at £8k so why its suddenly worth £14k I don't know. Maybe just having a punt.
Or had too many PINTS!!!   ;D

Crunchie Gears

I do like GTMs particularly the soft top.  The engine choice is interesting and I think that is why he thinlks it is worth so much.

The problem is that a well sorted k series is a good engine, very light and in a GTM half the price if this ad is anything to go by.

Facial Hair Optional

I've not sat in a GTM yet, ahem... Dave!  ;D Looks positively luxurious to me!

Moleman

I really like them. Never seen one before Dave joined the club & now there are a few of them in our club.  8)

sanzomat

Quote from: Moleman on 24, September, 2015, 09:40:05 PM
I really like them. Never seen one before Dave joined the club & now there are a few of them in our club.  8)

I've never been a trendsetter before!

Moleman

I thought I was a trend setter when I got a yellow westy As I never seen one on the road before. I didn't realise how wrong I was.  :o

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Moleman on 24, September, 2015, 10:06:52 PM
I thought I was a trend setter when I got a yellow westy As I never seen one on the road before. I didn't realise how wrong I was.  :o

Common as muck :P :P :P

The futures bright, the futures ORANGE

Gary RH7

Orange is starting to get close behind yellow :P

Try something black and silver 8)

Moleman

Silver is everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Gary RH7

Facial Hair Optional

Hey I've got black and silver! It does look darned good too I have to say!

Bulldog Bri

I got black and silver ;D must be ahead of the times ;)

8)

Vindicator

According to motors.co.uk a car colour shows:

Yellow: the colour of wisdom, joy and happiness. Favoured by intellects, this sunny shade oozes energy and creativity.

Red: Chosen more often by extroverts and males, this fiery colour represents passion and energy. It is also strongly linked to anger however and should be approached with caution.

So does that make orange car owners wise, joyful, happy and extrovert males with intellect, passion, creativity and energy.... but very angry??  All too complicated, time for a re-spray for the Vindi.

sanzomat

That all assumes that you chose the colour or chose the car because of the colour.

I was looking for a tidy GTM Spyder at the right sort of price for about 18 months and the only one that met my criteria was red. If it had been blue, yellow, green or indeed pretty much anything other than turd brown or perhaps barbie pink then I would have still bought this one!

Moleman

I'm with you Dave the colour didn't matter it was what I could get with the budget I had at the time.  :)

benchmark51

Doesn't matter now, SWMBO gets to pick the colours from now on! ;D ;D

sanzomat

http://www.gtmdrivers.com/forum/gtm-libra-1-8-k-series-2009-in-golden-yellow-t3233.html
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/161847605379?

If anyone was looking for a nice GTM Libra this one looks like the one to go for. Has all the right bits (except for the Honda engine, but it is a very nice K- series), age related 2009, about the right sort of price. Perfect winter kit, could be used as a daily driver...

It is yellow but you can't have everything  :P :P :P

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

I had a yellow Cortina once, it had a bump and no-one could get the paint to match right once sprayed! I've always assumed since then that yellow is a sod to get to look right after a paint job. Maybe my spray guy was just a useless %% :o%%$ :o

I DO like that Libra though! (even if it is yellow  :P)

sanzomat

http://www.gtmdrivers.com/forum/libra-v6-in-black-thinking-about-it-t3237.html

Here's another one - must be that time of year! This one is the V6 version, previously the factory demonstrator. Not many black ones around.

Iancider

Might have missed that one in January '14!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 07, October, 2015, 09:11:59 PM
Might have missed that one in January '14!
I initially thought that Ian but that is the date the guy joined that forum. The date of posting is there below somewhere but VERY small (6th October). Bit misleading at 1st.