AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

7.5 litre V8 kit car for sale! (sorry Col, it's NOT yellow!)

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 27, September, 2015, 03:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Iancider

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 27, September, 2015, 04:54:42 PM
Or for similar money you could buy a whole project, manufacturing rights and moulds.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEV-SONIC-KIT-CAR-PROJECT-including-moulds-and-worldwide-manufacturing-rights-/301748659390?hash=item46419f24be
Yes but the car wouldn't cost you tens and tens of £1,000's a year on top to run! Then again with a 7.5 litre it might!!  :o

I saw the MEV project for sale last week and the crazy thought went through my head - 'the BKCC could take that on as our own business' - and then I remembered that it's hard enough to find time to drive kit cars without the headache of running a company making them as well! Besides, if it's so good why are they selling it?  ::)

Iancider

Facial Hair Optional

So it didn't sell well then??  ;D

I learned a long time ago in business that there are usually two reasons for anything, a good reason and the real reason. The good reason they will freely volunteer, the real reason not! :P

Crunchie Gears

Tough business trying to make money making kit cars.

It would be better IMO to buy and sell kit cars.  Maybe add some value with a make over too.

Facial Hair Optional

Me and a mechanic mate of mine considered doing that earlier this year and came to the conclusion that it was too difficult to make a living. Plus you need a LOT of secure storage space.

It's a bit seasonal re sales and more often than not the type of person that buys a kit knows what they are doing and won't pay dealer prices as there are so many on sale privately.

We may be wrong as there are some dealer salesrooms around, but have you seen the prices they ask?? Crazy.

I'm pretty sure they rely for sales on the 'middle-aged mid-life crisis with more-money-than-sense who want to keep their hands clean' brigade!

benchmark51

Crunchie Gears

Brandy Barrel

18k for a business like that looks good
But it's the infrastructure organisation and premises that make it unachievable.
Ok if you own your own premises have the space and equipment, no bills, rent rates.
But a full on hobby for a retiree maybe would work.