News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Trailer

Started by steve c, 28, November, 2015, 05:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve c

Single axle unbreaked trailer for sale ,with 2sets of ramps .bed size 6'x10' tows well spare wheel £450.

Moleman

One for the Asbo Steve.  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah just seen it Colin! I have no idea where I would keep it atm though mate. If it were kept on a driveway are they easy enough to secure to prevent them being half inched?

longtimecoming

Just take the wheels off.

Facial Hair Optional

Round here that'd probably just make it easier, it'd be lighter to walk off with!!  :D

paintman

Out here in the sticks, they would nick it,........ use it........then bring it back when they've finished with it!!! :D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: paintman on 29, November, 2015, 12:07:39 AM
Out here in the sticks, they would nick it,........ use it........then bring it back when they've finished with it!!! :D
I wouldn't mind that so much Tone, at least I could try and invoice them for the hire period!

sanzomat

You'd be very limited on choice of towcar and weight of car on the trailer with that as it hasn't got brakes. Most cars will only allow a max trailer weight (unbraked) of 600-750kg. Even land rovers can only tow 750kg unbraked but can tow 2500kg braked trailers.

The trailer itself will probably weigh 250kg so even for a biggish tow car you'd be limited to a payload of <500kg - okay for an Asbo but even most 7's would go over.

Moleman

You may be surprised how light an unbraked trailer will be as mine is only 120kg.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

My 4x4 can barely stop itself! I think I'd have to get a braked trailer. Cheers for the info Dave

PS. That's a very organised garage you have, you can actually see what is on your shelves, unlike mine!!

steve c

Trailer used to take my Robin Hood about handle the weight fine & stopping was fine behind the Subaru

Iancider

QuoteYeah just seen it Colin! I have no idea where I would keep it atm though mate.

Easy FHO - park the ASBO on the trailer in the garage - it will be a bit higher but well short of the ceiling - SIMPLES!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 29, November, 2015, 09:42:50 PM
QuoteYeah just seen it Colin! I have no idea where I would keep it atm though mate.

Easy FHO - park the ASBO on the trailer in the garage - it will be a bit higher but well short of the ceiling - SIMPLES!
My garage is tight Ian, I think it may well be too long and too wide. Barely any room in there as it is. I will measure it up though.