Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Where can I rob a bank by Monday??

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 18, December, 2015, 10:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Iancider

Love the first one but lets be realistic about the price - you need to practice your football.

The Sammio is based on the Triumph herald chassis - I would want to add a lot of power to that!

Ian

Hairy Santa

you might have liked this one of mine - sold for £24k

BB Buick - audi trans  +500 ft lbs torque

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 19, December, 2015, 12:09:02 AM
you might have liked this one of mine - sold for £24k

BB Buick - audi trans  +500 ft lbs torque
Nice! When did you sell that one? Didn't even realise you had one of those Pete.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 18, December, 2015, 10:56:19 PM
Love the first one but lets be realistic about the price - you need to practice your football.

The Sammio is based on the Triumph herald chassis - I would want to add a lot of power to that!

Ian

I think I've left that a bit late Ian, though I did have trials for Rovers youths when I was very young. Or it could have been City - well it was a very, very long time ago!

Congrats on 2,000 posts btw! A mega member indeed.

Bulldog Bri

Iancider

Wow that is nice - shame that I never saw it!

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Crackin'! I sat in a real GT40 back in 1980, amazing bit of kit.

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

At least you'd be able to get in it Col, I'm not so sure I would these days! I heard on the radio today on my way back from my Downs recce that Tom Sellick squeezed into the Ferrari 308 GTS he used to drive in Magnum and he is 6 feet 4 apparently, so maybe there is hope for me yet!  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Pete did let me drive it past the Cobra boys at Stoneleigh one year, only to piss them off ;D

8)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 20, December, 2015, 06:53:14 PM
Pete did let me drive it past the Cobra boys at Stoneleigh one year, only to piss them off ;D

8)

ye remember that, the GT40 lot had never seen an engine of that size fitted to one before, theirs were all fitted with ford 302 or 351 windsors - everyone had there camera's out
that Photo was down at Clevedon the first or second time I drove it- remember it overheating at Churchill lights - was a day for fun and games, my 5 radiators and 27 fans were working overtime with the heat at the time - ;D   

Facial Hair Optional

Excuse my ignorance Pete, what engine did you have in yours then?

Hairy Santa

Big Block Buick, from memory it was bored to 7600cc. the engine was 2.5 inches wider than a Small Block Chevy and 25 lbs heavier

it was the grand daddy of the rover v8, reason for selling it - hardly any spares over here so extremely costly in time and money to get any spares sent over for it, plus the dreaded customs add on

the spinners on the wheels were made from FG resin, I took a mold from the knock on wheel spinners I had on one of my Cobra's that I had at the time, they turned out brill. could have gone into production with them with the number of people who commented on them  ;)   

Facial Hair Optional

'Mendip Wurzel'

I remember your GT40 well, including the overheating at Churchill traffic lights... I also remember when you sold it to that chaps at Stoneleigh. He drove it faster than the car had ever gone (not that you drive slow Pete). 
I looked at replica Dodge Viper a few weeks ago that was advertised on ebay that had a 7.5 litre 455 Pontiac engine. Went all the way to Warrington to look at it with a trailer and never purchased it...
Kevin     

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 22, December, 2015, 09:56:08 PM
I looked at replica Dodge Viper a few weeks ago that was advertised on ebay that had a 7.5 litre 455 Pontiac engine. Went all the way to Warrington to look at it with a trailer and never purchased it...
Kevin   

Wow, what put you off?

I remember your GT40 too Pete, it had more fans than Justin Bieber ;D

I also remember waiting with you after a Keynsham meet for a recovery truck :)  those were the days!!