+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Another nice GTM for sale!!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 16, January, 2016, 06:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

I particularly like the fact that it can do 0 to 160 in 4.9 seconds!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Very clever considering it has a top speed of 150mph!!  ;D ;D ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-GTM-LIBRA-2-5-V6-QUAD-CAM-FACTORY-DEMONSTRATOR-/231815164070?hash=item35f942b0a6:g:PaUAAOSw5dNWmVCz

CC Cyclone

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 16, January, 2016, 06:51:51 PM
I particularly like the fact that it can do 0 to 160 in 4.9 seconds!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Very clever considering it has a top speed of 150mph!!  ;D ;D ;D

Well spotted.  :o :o :o :o
He obviously used a graph to project speed against time. So if someone had the time what speed Could he be doing after 10 seconds?

Moleman

Probably should have said 0-60  in 4.9 sec I guess.  :)

sanzomat

Another one that was for sale on the GTMOC forum for a few months, sold just before Christmas and now here it is for sale again straight away - must have been bought by a dealer. If anyone is serious about buying a GTM they should join the owners club forum as they always seem to go on there first for quite a bit less than they end up on ebay for. I actually saw that one for sale direct from GTM as a brand new car about the time Westfield bought up GTM (2009?) I think they were clearing out all the stock. The price wasn't much different than its advertised for now. Would have been a real bargain then.

benchmark51

When I looked at it, I also looked at the sellers other items and there are several cars for sale. I quite fancy the Ginetta G20 he has.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231812850970?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Crunchie Gears

I saw both of these cars  ;D

Both would be a pleasure to own.

If I am in the market for a GTM I will have a word with you Sanzomat you seem to have some useful knowledge of the cars about! ;)

CC Cyclone

I built that g20! It was my first ever kit car.
Good to see it again although it looks to me as though it has not been looked after since the day it left me :(

fullpint

Not bad :) And its got a roof, heater, wipers... I could almost use it in all weather un-like the MK :) But do they have the same grin factor as a BEC?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 16, January, 2016, 10:46:29 PM
When I looked at it, I also looked at the sellers other items and there are several cars for sale. I quite fancy the Ginetta G20 he has.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231812850970?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yeah that is niiiiiiiiice!!!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 17, January, 2016, 07:26:29 AM
I saw both of these cars  ;D

Both would be a pleasure to own.

If I am in the market for a GTM I will have a word with you Sanzomat you seem to have some useful knowledge of the cars about! ;)

Dave is definitely the BKCC resident GTM expert I would say.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 17, January, 2016, 02:05:32 PM
Not bad :) And its got a roof, heater, wipers... I could almost use it in all weather un-like the MK :) But do they have the same grin factor as a BEC?

Does anything on 4 wheels Steve??  ;D

Ok so I am biased (though I have both BEC and car engined kits so am qualified to say so!!) but BECs are faaaaabulous!

There are some things in life that stay with you til your dying day, the birth of your 1st child, losing your virginity, getting married etc, and the 1st time you ever go balls out in a BEC!!! When Andrew floored the ASBO I truly felt I was in something akin to an F1 car - for a few moments at least! Never mind grinning, I could not stop laughing out loud!!!!

Iancider

There are some things in life that stay with you til your dying day, the birth of your 1st child, losing your virginity,

Sorry to tell you but given the order of those last two - it wasn't yours!   :o  :P

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 19, January, 2016, 02:41:59 PM
Quote from: fullpint on 17, January, 2016, 02:05:32 PM

Does anything on 4 wheels Steve??  ;D

Ok so I am biased (though I have both BEC and car engined kits so am qualified to say so!!) but BECs are faaaaabulous!

1st time you ever go balls out in a BEC!!! When Andrew floored the ASBO I truly felt I was in something akin to an F1 car - for a few moments at least! Never mind grinning, I could not stop laughing out loud!!!!

You have to have a passenger ride in the Ultima  :o  it has a car engine :D which is a peach :-*

I have not owned a BEC and would like to. :D so I may not be qualified to talk to make a judgement but hearing the noise of the high revs makes me feel like Jason hearing the sirens on his quest :P

That said, some of the Ferrari guys on pistonheads get titanium exhausts with bypass valves and through the tunnels they sound just like old F1 cars (before they fitted all the Eco stuff).  Crazy good!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 19, January, 2016, 08:42:55 PM
There are some things in life that stay with you til your dying day, the birth of your 1st child, losing your virginity,

Sorry to tell you but given the order of those last two - it wasn't yours!   :o  :P

Took me a while to figure out what you mean't Ian!!  :D :D :D

Ok, for the pedantic amongst us (including me!) they were in no particular order!!!  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 19, January, 2016, 10:08:07 PM

You have to have a passenger ride in the Ultima  :o  it has a car engine :D which is a peach :-*

I accept your kind offer Crunchie!!   ;D ;D

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 19, January, 2016, 10:08:07 PM

I have not owned a BEC and would like to. :D so I may not be qualified to talk to make a judgement but hearing the noise of the high revs makes me feel like Jason hearing the sirens on his quest :P

I take it you are not referring to Jason Plato  ;D ;D