News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

I saw this and thought of you....

Started by pompeyal, 05, February, 2016, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary RH7

Iancider

I quite like this - it is kid of iconic of that period and can see it potential when restored.

Hmmmm....

Ian

'The Gaffer'

Cant see any possible use for this. Some bidders obviously have an interest though.

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 06, February, 2016, 12:16:09 PM
Cant see any possible use for this. Some bidders obviously have an interest though.

I like it hahaha

The thing is you would have to learn to reverse like Parker, lady Penelope's driver :o

SPAXIMUS

You have to remember that William Towns was a top notch designer in the period, when boxy was good and space age. The concept of this car was one that could be self built easily by people who had basic skills and from easily available supplies. He did a four wheel and this then spawned a range up to a V12 engine six wheel monster which fetch stupid money as they were rare but beautifully appointed.
As for use, they are easy for every day use, good visibility, good on fuel, easy to get in and out of in the ever smaller parking spaces. but above all they are different. In a world of me too design schools anything that is different is good in my mind. Yes you need to be a certain sort of person to own and drive one, not a shy type, but I guarantee at any car show the owner would be a celebrity.

I would restore one if I had the space as smiles per miles would be a huge win.

CC Cyclone

One sold in here recently, back in the day they tended to be well built and finished well.
I remember my next door neighbour having a really stunning example back in the early 80s and it was like nothing else on the road at the time in virtually every way. We used to refer to it as the moon buggy.