News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

GoPro HERO4 Session price reduction.

Started by damouk, 26, February, 2016, 08:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damouk

I was chatting to a cycle colleague at work about go-pro's the other week, he wanted to upgrade his cheap china jobbie so we had a quick look like you do, and spotted that the hero4 session is now the same price as the hero 3. The session however is a cube the size of the standard go-pro lens very neat.

Iancider

I have seen some bad reviews and watched the video results - they are not as good.  The contrast is not as subtle and the light level changes are poor.  Have a delve through YouTube and view the results - its the best way.  I am sure it is still a "good" camera but the hero competition is challenging.  Also beware of the polaroid cube - it is regularly being voted the worst ever!

Advice - watch footage and look for detail in the shadows, colour accuracy and depth, light change smoothness and look out for grain or patterns in flat colour areas.  Poor cameras tend to burn-out the colour in bright light.  People often ask why the GoPros are so expensive and most notably they have glass lenses - the cheap ones are plaaastique

Ian

CrisisWolf

I've got two Sessions and I'm pretty happy. I upgraded from a chinese replica from a few years ago.

damouk

That makes sense, I hadn't looked into it apart from at work, and my mate was very happy with his results, but like CrisisWolf he also upgraded from a cheap Chinese copy.

I wasn't overly impressed with the video from my GP3, compared to some of the videos posted on the forum. I was thinking I might get a session as being smaller it can be located in more places than the standard size GP.