Old biker

Started by PhilW, 18, February, 2010, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilW

How does this take your fancy

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1509410.htm

I'd buy it but i'm skint :(

'The Gaffer'

Hey howdy Phil, hope all's well with you.

The driver of that car was lucky not to lose his leg :o

PhilW

I'm fine mate, looks like i will have a full time job soon which will be good after over a year.
That car is a steal at that money, rip out the engine and box then fit a Duratec, TBs, Quaife box or an Elite sequential then you'll have a proper little rocket ship.

I bet it's gone in a day or two

PhilW

Quote from: G & Toniq on 18, February, 2010, 06:46:14 PM

The driver of that car was lucky not to lose his leg :o

Looks like it snapped at the right end, (gearbox end rather than diff end) otherwise it would have flipped, vey messy :o

'The Gaffer'

Yeah nasty but like you say, a good project for someone.

PhilW

SOLD!

Didn't think it would last long, £500 on an engine, gearbox and prop and you have a 5-6k car

Old Biker

Sorry All,

Looks like that went wrong pretty quickley - it would certainly concentrate the mind! 

It looks like I will be buying a Westfield when I find the right one.  I was up at the Westfield site last Friday, lots of nice shiney bits of kit to spend your money on (I resisted).  Mind you, at £17.5k you can't knee jerk into it.

I will keep looking.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Old Biker on 28, February, 2010, 08:50:56 PM
It looks like I will be buying a Westfield when I find the right one. 

How did you find the Westfield for size?

Old Biker

I did sit in a Westfield and the length was no problem at all although a removeable wheel will be required.  Only problem was my right foot covered accelerator and brake at the same time!  I didn't have the best footgear on though (fell running trainers) and there will be a bit of muscle memory to sort but appart from that it was good.  A 'snug' fit but I see that as a +ve for being stable in the car!  Once properly mobile again my weight (ar$e) will deminish?.  All in all a good day with Simon who hosted me being a real font of knowledge.

Richard

Sounds like you are mending gradually, good thing.

Quite a nice looking local'ish Maroon Westie for sale (wide body) in Beaminster Dorset.

Foxychippy id on ebay as it's ending in 18 minutes, suspect you may already have seen it though.

Old Biker

Oh bu&&er - I missed it.  Should look at Ebay more often!  I will add it to the daily search.  I have been looking at a good car in Fishguard, Wales, right at the top of my money but I am still not in a position to drive (clutch probably manageable but insurance won't have it until bones at least joined together!).  I will keep looking.

Richard

Happy to pick you up to go do a viewing if that helps before you can drive if that really tempting car comes up, not too far from you.

Old Biker

Richard,

Thank you for your kind offer.  You never know.