+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Seats

Started by foggy, 22, October, 2010, 08:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

Now that the Hood is home, I have just taken the seats out, with a view to replace them. The drivers side is 16in wide at the base, the passenger is 15.5in wide and that was  a very tight fit, is this normal to have 2 seats different widths in the same car? I have seen 16 wide, but not 15.5. The gear box tunnel is very wide in my car and I can't do any thing about it.

paintman

I just changed my seats, (Hood s7) mine being similar size to yours.

I struggled to find nice seats at a reasonable price and had to compromise a bit.

My passenger width is also a bit smaller.....the seat is at a bit of an angle to get it in as the seats are the same width.

Don't know how you got seats of different sizes.......must be custom made maybe.

Tony 

foggy

Tony - where did you get your seats from? Have you got any pictures of them?  I think I will have to butcher the passenger seat. After all,its not me that will have to sit in it!

paintman

I'll take a pic tomorrow for you.

Tony

paintman

Here's pic. of the seats.  Ther're clubman seats but they don't support you very well when  cornering hard.  Some nice ones down at Exeter that fit and were really comfortable trouble was they woked out at £280 +vat and £25 carriage. :

Tony

foggy

Tony, thanks for the picture, I also found that the seats at the Kit Car show was too expensive. The seats in your car are similiar to the ones that I have. Are yours 16 inches across on the seat , if they are, where did you get those from?

paintman

Yes, 16 inches.   Get them from kitpartsdirectltd, about £140 I think the pair.

foggy

Thanks Tony I am on the case. I will be ordering a set.