News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

oh bugger

Started by stupott901, 24, October, 2010, 05:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stupott901

i think my blade engine has gone bang

i was taking it for a quick run and heading back home when there was a "clunk clunk, a bong and a strange whirring noise then the engine died" and i came to halt , looking at the engine there was some coming out of 2 of the carbs and oil and fuel over the engine casing

any ideas what the problem is?

anyone know anyone who good with blade engines local?

cheers stu

paintman

Sorry to hear about your engine Stu.....at least it didn't sieze on you and lock up the wheels.

Sure someone will be able to sort you out or recommend someone. ::)

Tony

stupott901

yeah i was glad bout that tony and at least i was close to home and a nieghbour helped me to push it back thankfully

'The Gaffer'

Sorry to hear that :(

Could be anything really, does the engine still turn over? Was there any smoke when it went bang? What was coming out of 2 carbs? Have you looks for holes in the engine casing?

Blade engines are pretty cheap, maybe if its serious just buy another and swap it over.

Mark G

Sounds a little on the dead side to me.

There is THIS BARGAIN on the locost builders forum if you do need a new engine,  you could buy the lot and then sell off what you don't need to get some of your money back.

stupott901

yes phil there was smoke coming out 2 of the carbs and the breather pipe and the engine would not turn over either

yes so will be looking for new engine i guess

'The Gaffer'

That does sound rather serious I'm affraid :(