+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

indicator issues

Started by RMW50, 26, January, 2011, 06:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMW50

I have had a problem with a fuse blowing on random occasions on the indicator circuit for some time now (it seems to be when indicating right but I cant be sure...) so I have replaced the indicator relay this evening with a shiny new one...
What happens now (which didn't happen before) is, when not indicating, when the engine revs the indicator lamp on the dash glows, the higher the revs the brighter the lamp glows. I do not profess to be an automotive electrical engineer, but does anyone have an idea of what may be the issue?
Going back to my youth I recall strange things happening if there was not a good earth on indicators / brake lamps, but the relay is earthed and fitted to the bulkhead...

I would really appreciate any words of advice.

Thanks,

Rich

Quarrycars

Depends on how the warning light is wired, if it is a single warning light for both directions it may be connected between the left/right circuits or it may be driven from the flasher unit.  If you put the original flasher back in does the warning light work normally? 

'The Gaffer'

Sounds like a wiring problem to me, almost like your indicator circuit has found an wire enemy.

Out of interest, do your headlights shine much brighter the higher you rev just like your indicator dash light?

If it were me I would ignore your loom, if not customised to your car, and simply rewire your indicators using new cables, double check earthling points first.