+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bedding in Brakes...?

Started by RobC, 09, March, 2011, 09:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobC

Changed over my pads last night to run Mintex 1144 on my willwoods... and been looking on the internet the last couple of nights for some pointers for bedding them in...

What do you guys usually do to ....

Time is running out for long running in periods, as car has to be ready for the first sprint of the year on the 26th and testing at a secret location slightly before that...  ;)

Daley Down Under

It's tough if the car's not road legal.  Yellowstuff R seem to bed in quick - 50 miles of relaxed road driving and job done.  If I recall right from my Mini Road Rally days, 1144's used to need a bit longer.  Everything should be fine after 100 miles though.  That said, a mate of mine does no bedding in at all on his non-road legal tracy day Clio Cup and that works great straight out of the box (Yellowstuff R's)

Adrian

RobC

cars road legal so no problem there... just been reading so many different oppinions on what to do

paintman

I used to go for a run out and use accelerator and brake at the same time!

Obviously you don't want to over do it or your boil your brake fluid but 15-20 seconds at a time seems to work well with cooling off periods.

You should soon notice the difference.

Tony

Krazyken

The week before DB and I went to Spa & the Nurburgring he popped a driveshaft boot and ruined the front brakes on a track day.  Needless to say he spent every night in the garage renewing the driveshaft boot and filling with grease (he loves that job) then had to upgrade the front discs to vented while I sourced EBC yellowstuff pads and EBC race fluid which was fitted the night before we set off at 8am the following morning.

The brakes were bedded in driving around Malmedy in Belgium on the Sunday just before 2 days of full on track action at the Spa F1 cicuit.  It all worked perfectly with no further mishaps at Spa or the Ring a few days later.  Same can't be said of his rain protection when driving at the Ring though............

'The Gaffer'

When I fitted my Mintex 1144 I drove steadily round town for a while starting with some gentle breaking, then a few hard 30 - 0 stops followed by a run up the motorway with a few braking's from 70 (Yes officer) - 50 gradually putting more pressure as I drove, it didn't take long.

RobC

Thanks chaps... will get onto this this weekend...

Fingers crossed will be attending Sunday in the westy, well weather depending...