+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

fuel proof silicone

Started by aliwizard, 31, March, 2011, 08:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliwizard

hi guys anyone know where to get hold of fuel proof silicone cheers nick.

Krazyken

Nick

I went down this road last year when the Rover gasket on the fuel sender just would not seal and leaked fuel.  I tried everything from silicone, cork, red hermatite, blue hylomar and nothing worked.  I also went through 3 Rover gaskets tryong different sealants at £15 a throw.  Turned out the answer was really simple.

At work we have print rollers that use 3mm thick rubber gaskets to mount the print plates on.  I just got a bit of rubber cut it to make a gasket and job done with no messy sealants.  The rubber being 3mm thick absorbed any surface irregularities and a perfect seal was the result.  If you want some of the rubber please let me know.

Richard

www.Hoseworld.com  very handy hose place to have book marked

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Krazyken on 31, March, 2011, 08:16:05 PM
Nick

I went down this road last year when the Rover gasket on the fuel sender just would not seal and leaked fuel.  I tried everything from silicone, cork, red hermatite, blue hylomar and nothing worked.  I also went through 3 Rover gaskets tryong different sealants at £15 a throw.  Turned out the answer was really simple.

At work we have print rollers that use 3mm thick rubber gaskets to mount the print plates on.  I just got a bit of rubber cut it to make a gasket and job done with no messy sealants.  The rubber being 3mm thick absorbed any surface irregularities and a perfect seal was the result.  If you want some of the rubber please let me know.

Most  rubber seems to expand when it comes into prolonged contact with petrol. I'm never sure what rubbers are suitable.