News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Wiper Wiring advise

Started by Bulldog Bri, 19, July, 2011, 12:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

I've got a Wiper toggle switch that needs wiring up to a 2 speed Lucas wiper motor (as used on MG's and Mini's) can anyone help me on a few of the connections?

I not sure about 1-7, on the left. What are they connected to? and the top on the right, which wire to the motor?

Any suggestions? I'll be able to MoT the Gentry once this is sorted.  :P

Cheers

8)

'The Gaffer'

Don't know if this will help Bri?

Sumov8

Found this on the internet:-

If the image uploads correctly you should find that  the rocker/toggle switches have pins 1 3 5 and 7 connected together internally.  This should be checked with a meter first In the off position contacts 1 2 (park brown/light-green) 5 and 6 (slow red/light-green) are connected together. In the slow position contacts 3 4 (12v green) 5 and 6 (red/light-green) are connected together and in the fast position contacts 3 4 (12v green) 7 and 8 (blue/light-green) are connected together.

For the column switch in the off position the brown/light-green (park) and red/light-green (slow) wires are connected together. In the slow position the red/light-green and green (12v) wires are connected together and in the fast position the green (12v) and blue/light-green wires are connected together. All of which the toggle/rocker switch does as well but in a more complex fashion.

Bulldog Bri

Supurb info guys. Will give them a go and let you know how I get on. :)
8)