+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Where to buy a length of exhaust pipe?

Started by Grin-a-lot, 03, December, 2011, 08:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grin-a-lot

I'm after a length of stainless steel exhaust pipe to run from the collector to the inlet of the silencer.  It will need to have a step up transition at one end as the entrance of the silencer is a larger diameter than the collector.  It will also need a couple of kinks to pull it away from the side of the car a little.

Do any of the worldly-wise bristol dweller on the forum have any recommendations of who is worth contacting to do this.

David H

I have some pipe from Simpsons Exhausts but it depends on the size.

Other than that try Merlin at Combe

Grin-a-lot

Well its to fit the silencer that I had off you and the rest of the system is a smaller diameter, I have a couple of step down pieces that might do the job in that respect.

'The Gaffer'

Theres got be hundreds of steel suppliers in Bristol that would cut you a length of stainless pipe I'm sure?

dave_bence

I recently got a piece of 2 1/4" stainless exhaust pipe here:

http://www.infinity-exhausts.co.uk/

They're just off junction 18 (Bath exit) of the M4.

They have plenty of sizes in stock and a very impressive machine that can bend and swage the pipe.

peterw

David H

The pipe I have is manifold rather than collector size. Try ebay?

TimC

Try Joe on ads@stainless316.fsnet.co.uk.  He's not local but he's a kit car owner/builder. 

He will certainly be able to do the kink, stretch and supply.  He is very busy however so that may be a limiting factor.

TC

Grin-a-lot

All sorted now, Infinity were v helpful, did it on the spot so all good on the exhaust front.  Only snag now is that I've got an exhaust of 3colours: blue-ing at the collector, unpolished new bit and polished silencer!

Krazyken

Grin

Time for some metal polish, does the spending never stop? :o

Grin-a-lot

Quote from: Krazyken on 07, January, 2012, 11:48:36 AM
Grin

Time for some metal polish, does the spending never stop? :o

It appears not, any recommendations (for polish not spending stopping)?

Krazyken

We have 10% off at Motoman so that should help ease the blow.  With regards to products I tend to use Auto Glym products for car care but have never really polished metal.  I'm sure other members have or you may wish to start a new thread asking for advice.

peterw