News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Exhaust

Started by Dazzer, 06, February, 2012, 05:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzer

Well I have finally got a new exhaust system including manifold from westfield, minus the cat, to replace the old spaghetti junction system   :D

Now having read some advice on websites there seems to be an inconclusive answer as to the need for a rolling road session for fuelling etc.

Anyone able to offer some advice, i'm running standard ford parts all round including ecu / injectors / air intake etc

Only modification is ditching the cat.

HELP

David H

The standard Ford ecu may not be mappable therefore its a total waste of time.

Does your ecu learn?

Richardp

As far as I know, and I've been out of the ECU tuning game for a few years.... This is the ideal use for a piggyback tuning box.

If done well, it would compensate for the cat removal, and intake changes, as well as tweak the enrichments, to compensate for the lighter car. I can see it being worthwhile if you plan to keep things basically stock.

bluehornetrider

from my biking days when I changed to a race can, K&N and dynojet it was a bit lumpy and rich until I took it to BSD in Peterborough and found an extra 15bhp and great linear power right through the revs, losing the flat spot at 5000 rpm.  Totally transformed the bike worth the time and money.