+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BEC Megablade - Solved rectifier issue - CBR1000 04 rectifier

Started by madmarkymark, 07, March, 2012, 09:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmarkymark

My original fireblade rectifier burnt out.  The replacement one still wasn't working.  So I searched for an uprated one and went for a CBR1100 2001 rectifier (seriously uprated) - however the output is 19.5 volts not 14.5.  I am told that the fuel pump is directly powered from this output and that brings it down to the 14.5 required. 

Therefore it is back to the drawing board.   :(  Does anyone know a good rectifier to use with a 14.5 v output?  Space is not an issue, but it needs to be robust and not fry every time you use it !!!  :o

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Madmarkymark  ???

'The Gaffer'

I would suggest from what you are saying that you have a fault that is causing the rectifier to burn out. It's odd that one has burnt out and the replacement does not work either.

madmarkymark

Thanks for the advice.

There was a short circuit deep inside the loom that was probably caused when the first one went.  I have now sorted that - but think that that caused the second one to go.  I have now run a separate wire, via the fuse box, to the battery.  When I fitted the CBR1100 01 rectifier it was all working fine - but the output was just too high.

Hairy Santa

try fitting a fan directly on to the heatsink wired direct to the ignition

this will help to keep it a bit cooler

done it on my busa last year - just in case  ;)

hope you sort it

madmarkymark

Fitted a new rectifier last night from a CBR 1000 2004.  It is seriouosly uprated vs the original fireblade one.  Only got warm (not glowing hot) and had a steady output of 13.9V.

Now I just need to sort the dodgy digital odometer and a host of other 'little' jobs and the Westy will be ready for 2012!!!

Madmarkymark

'The Gaffer'