News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

iva application

Started by DaveA, 02, April, 2012, 08:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveA

hope someone can help me----- have applied for iva but need gross vehicle design weight and axle design weights, where or how do i get them. this is for a locost 7 design with rover 3.5 power. i am at a loss

'The Gaffer'

I confess to not knowing much about this, but from a practical point of view and if your car is transportable you could contact Dave at Track developments and he will weigh your car and give you axle weights.

He can even corner weight the car while you are there - a great handling benefit.

chrislandy

From memory when I SVA's the Shelsley, the axle weights were the "design" axle weights i.e. the maximum load they should take. This meant adjusting the paperwork as I'd taken it to mean the actual weight on each corner. It is also used to check the tyres are of the correct load capacity for the axle.

YellaBelly

After a quick search on another 7 forum, I found a quote from one of the guys:

"IVA form requires Gross axle weights. Thats the max the car is designed to carry per axle NOT the actual weight of the car.
At test they'll weigh the car, add an amount for luggage and passengers and that amount MUST be less that the stated axle weights or you fail. Braking will be calculated from thier figure not yours.

Normal for a seven will be Ax1 500kg Ax2 500kg Ax3 0 (thats a trailer max) Total 1000kg (totla must be <= the axles added together). You could put anything from 400 upward and probably be OK."

HTH.

JB

peterw

Just reciently been on to GBS for the design weights of the 2B with an RV8 and they quoted 600kgs rear and 450 kgs front, 1050 total, there probably isn't that much difference between the two vehicles.  Keep us informed of your IVA progress as I am very close now.