News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

WALLNUTS Corsa Spider

Started by Bulldog Bri, 14, June, 2012, 06:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

We all know Tony and his car.

And his parking skills.  ;D

Well it's not been well for a while now (the car that is) Tonys never been right.  :P The gearbox was losing oil and the Overdrive stopped working, so he decided to replace the box. Thats when I got my first call for help, to get the box out of the car, a week later help to get the gearbox split from the bellhousing, then to refit the new box and another to get the lot back in the car.  :o. Fair to Tony and his son who was doing the work they did have a go at doing the work but just not quite getting it right. After a good amount of time the box was back in the car but the clutch refused to disengage enough to select gears and with a small short in the wiring on that day no more was done. Pete then went up and sorted the wiring, fair play (I hate wiring) but still no luck with the clutch even with the slave cylinder pushed as far forward  as poss', it still wouldn't disengage.
So to day Pete and myself went up to try and sort it out once and for all.

So gearbox out clutch plate inspected tested on a lathe for warping and refitted, Gearbox back in and still it wouldn't disengage after a days work, in the rain, trying to start the car with a FULLY CHARGED BATTERY! NOT!

By the end of the day Pete was still sctatching his head over the problem, all we could suggest is a new clutch set as there must be something wrong with the old one.

8)

WALNUT

The wife has just told me she will plant flowers in it if it stays where it is . LOL
     But joking apart, a big thankyou to Pete and Bri, for all the work they have done on my car, bearing in mind that they have cars of there own that they are working
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Thanks again lads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Tony

Krazyken

Tony, get it sorted mate - the car & the missus!  You are missed at the club meets.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Yep Tony, you are missed.... not that we have missed may runs to date as the weather has been rubbish

Moleman

Hope it gets sorted soon. Though it does seem to rain everytime there is going to be a meet so you haven't missed much.  :(
But I am hopeful for the weather to change so I hope its up & running soon.  :)

YellaBelly

I'm sure it'll be sorted soon Tony :)

Hats off to Bri & Pete too, that's what's so good about the club ;)

Hairy Santa

I will bring my wet suit and fins the next time

I would love to know that just by changing the gearbox the clutch will now not disengage, stripped down check for driven plate for warp on the lathe, even checked the crank for end float

oringinal clutch pressure plate /driven plate / thrust bearing / bell housing/ clutch fork -yet the end of the slave rod is now 1 inch further in than when started - no logical reason for this - bloody good one this - now all pointing to the pressure plate, but why?

we will sort it Tony     

'The Gaffer'

Well done guys, what a credit to the club 8)

Seems the only thing that has changed is the box, are you guys sure it's 100% identical?

YellaBelly

I'm with Phil on this one chaps. Sounds like a mismatch in shaft length? (oooer!!)

fullpint

:D Loving that pic with the legs in the air  ;D ;D ;D ;D Reminds me of when I was fixing my clutch cable last month...