News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Charging Light

Started by YellaBelly, 23, August, 2012, 10:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

Finally sorted my alternator, luckily the chap at my local MOT garage had a brand new one sitting in a box (taken as paynment for something or other) and it is a direct replacement for mine  8)

I still have the charging light issue though, it only goes out if I blip the throttle. But after looking at my wiring diagram I made, I noticed that I have the warning light connected to the alternator on one side, and the voltmeter +Ve on the other instead of to the switched +12V line (see piccy). I am hoping that this is the problem as it's a PITA even if it isn't really a problem.

JB

[smg id=1207]

'The Gaffer'

I reckon thats it, maybe the alternator is using resistance through the meter to energise. A lamp will offer much more. Hope you solve it.

paintman

My alternator light has always stayed on till I blip it......no big deal, bin like it for 3 years...... charges ok.

fullpint

I'm sure that happened on some of my older cars.. Blip the throttle and out it goes. Just keep it in the red-line mate  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hairy Santa

try putting a resister across the bulb conections, some times fitted to cars just incase the bulb blows and no charging will take place

I think from memory it was a 10k, but I could be wrong

you will get no charge until you blip the throttle and put the light out - not anything to worry about though