News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Left the MOT centre and then a new problem....

Started by fullpint, 28, August, 2012, 06:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Great new to pass the MOT but!!! Driving back to work I was behind some old lady doing what I thought was 20mph in a 30 zone, I waited until I hit the national speed limit sign and flew past.  Now there I am going along the A365 engine running at 7000+ yet my speedo is telling me I'm doing 35mhp... Just had a look and I reckon the inspector knocked the sensor on the rear diff so it was picking up on one magnet and not 2... All sorted now but will double check at the weekend if it's nice out..
THE JOYS OF A KIT CAR.... :P

evolution

:D Bloody mot inspectors. Glad it passed. Sad that you got such a small fettling session.  ;)

fullpint

Went out and the speedo reading is the other way now!!!! :o :o Doing about 40mph and the speedo reads 60mph  ;D ;D ;D
When I got to Combe I whipped off the tank cover and the speedo sensor must of been picking up on 3 magnets.. So I picked one off and now all seems ok. Will get the wife to follow me in her car one day just to make. Or find one of those speed limit signs that flashes your speed. Do a 35mph pass and follow it up with a 60mph pass ;) ;) ;) ;)