+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Sierra M/C Leak

Started by YellaBelly, 04, January, 2013, 05:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

What started as a run to get things flowing around the engine ended up with a cloud of steam from the exhaust manifold where a pinhole leak in the rear core plug was jetting water at the manifold! I replaced the core plugs and refilled the system today, took the car in and out of the garage a few times to get things settled. Afte a couple of times, put my foot on the brakes and the pedal hit the floor!! :o Just glad I didn't decide to go on the road!!

I take one step forward and two steps back :(

Turns out the rear of the MC is leaking. I stripped it down and everything looks OK in the bore so I am going to try and get a repair kit as I guess the rear seal has gone.

Any advice gratefully received :)

JB

Lucky Ed

Hi JB, I think repair kits are getting difficult to find these days, if you can't get hold of one I've got a spare M/C you can try. I replaced mine in haste last summer as I had a problem with my rear brakes locking on and I was going to Oulton Park the next day. I'm now starting to think it might have been the bias valve but I'm not 100% sure as the problem went away.

PM me if you want to see if it matches yours and you think it might be of use to you ;D